Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exhausted and need some help please
Exhausted and need some help please
Hi. I’ve been on CPAP/APAP for years.

I had to get a replacement new ResMed Airsense 10 APAP machine on Feb 9, 2023 as the motor broke on the other machine. they gave me a new machine. Since then, I barely sleep at all. 

Since then, I’ve been waking every single day with a dry mouth. I’m also having more events than I’ve ever had in years. Before I got the new machine, no dry mouth, close to 0 events and I was using that machine since 2021. I have no clue what the humidity or tube temp was set on the other machine I returned. How do I fix this issue? No one seems to know when I ask around the community so I’m asking here. Nothing changed except a replacement machine. I’m using the Bleep mask, same mask I’ve been using since 2021. I do know what the sleep settings were on old machine and I changed the new machine to reflect this. This issues started that night so I know it’s the machine settings.

I also have a humidifier in my bedroom and I do use that. I also used that for the last year with the other machine and never encountered any issues with dry mouth and a lot of events per hour.

What do I need to set the tube temp at and the humidity level on the machine? The humidity in my bedroom gets to between 53-59%. It’s Arizona so really dry. I’m about to cry cuz this is so frustrating. I hope someone can please help guide me.  I upped the humidity last night to 4 and now woke with a dry throat, nose was burning a little bit, bad headache. Tube temp is set at 79. My sleep pressure is between 10-13.4.

The Oscar data is attached for anyone that has knowledge with what it's stating.

Thanks so much

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exhausted and need some help please
I live in the Southwest too. My humidity is set at 5-6 with a similar hose temp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using the Manual or Auto setting?  Try the Climate Control Auto setting and let the machine determine the humidity so you don't have to.

Climate Control Auto
Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting. Climate Control Auto is designed to make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity settings.
The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).

Climate Control Manual
Designed to offer more flexibility and control over settings, Climate Control Manual lets the patient adjust the temperature and humidity to the setting which is most comfortable for them.
In Climate Control Manual, the Tube Temperature and the Humidity Level can be set independently however, rainout protection is not guaranteed. If rainout does occur, first try increasing the tube temperature. If the air temperature becomes too warm and rainout continues, try decreasing the humidity.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s been on auto since I got the machine. I just changed it a few days ago to see if if that was the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 50 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] UARS - Exhausted even with CPAP & EPR Wispy7115 16 1,510 12-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Wispy7115
  [Treatment] I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help. BrendonG92 22 3,280 10-16-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [CPAP] Exhausted newbie, good stats (?) but more tired mrp80 6 678 09-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question [Equipment] Still Exhausted Despite Low Events on ASV BIPAP LastLight 6 638 06-16-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: LastLight
  Im exhausted. Please, why am I still waking up so much? emmylouwho 4 620 05-05-2023, 03:07 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.