Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exhausted / have leak rate of 28.1
Yep.  The beginners guide in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Attila for the advice.

So after reading the beginner's guide regarding leak rate I have come to the conclusions:

RS 9 defines large leak as 24 L/min

I was in Large Leak territory approximately 11% of the night. Acceptable is supposedly 30%. Better in 20%.

I did notice that the previous 6 month's time spent in Large Leak territory was under 1%. I wonder what changed/why?

Next I going to look into the EPR feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice job so far but I think that you need to find some way to reduce the large leaks. Resmed says up to 30% large leaks is OK but most of us feel that it needs to be lower. For one thing the large leaks may affect the performance of the machine. Secondly, the large leaks may result in awakenings that do not completely wake you up but may keep you from getting to the most restful stages of sleep.

If taping does not remedy the mouth leaks, then I think that it is doubtful that a chin strap will be of much help. I am going to suggest that you look into a full face mask or maybe the Amara View.

I know that it does not seem right that you should suddenly have a problem with mouth leaks. I was doing fine without a chinstrap until I started getting treatment for cancer. Since then I have to use a chinstrap all the time. I don't like it but that is the way it is.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks - My time in large leas have escalated from under 1% to 11%.

Lets see what this current week's data says.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very High Leak Rate Grmato10 55 1,215 9 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Daytime sleepiness despite low AHI, low leak, 7+ hours of daily use vas2000 12 457 03-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Attila
Question AHI vs Leak Rate jo11ymon 10 327 03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Best method for Heart Rate monitoring/correlation doickle 5 198 03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Any advice on this flow rate pattern? doickle 5 188 03-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Strange Flow Rate Pattern schmatt 13 416 03-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: schmatt
  Strange flow rate tedgreen 9 268 02-25-2017, 02:45 PM
Last Post: RichardVT