Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Expected more improvement from CPAP...
Expected more improvement from CPAP...
After 9 months of CPAP use, I still feel tired most days despite quite good AHI figures which are typically <1.0 nearly every day and even 0.0 about once every 10 days or so. I do have some other problems including chronic pain from a back injury which certainly don't help my sleep. I was hoping for the type of 'Wow!' response that some people report but it's more 'Meh!' although I do feel a little better. I attach some recent info from Sleepyhead for your perusal. Any comments welcome. 
Regards, Bernie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Expected more improvement from CPAP...
I see nothing in your charts to indicate an issue. Your charts should include snores and flow limits because they will trigger a pressure rise with your CPAP.  No need for the Time at pressure.  What we like to see is indicated in the organize link in my signature.

Can you be more precise in your issues?  You state that you are tired most days, anything else.  What do you mean by tired?  How is your sleep hygiene?  Have you tried to sleep for an extra hour?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Bonjour, reorg'ed chart attached. Snore is zero all the way.
BTW my sleep test AHI was 19, and peaked at over 60 when lying on my back.

I used to wake myself by snoring when I slept on my back, however now with the A10 I can sleep on my back without snoring/waking which is better for my back pain (IE It hurts more when I lie on my side) so that is a plus.

I am tired in the sense I get the urge to take a nap around 3 PM, if I don't take a nap I need to go to bed early around 9PM. During the day I find it hard to concentrate or focus on things (brain fog); I would like to feel more alert and energetic. I cannot sleep an extra hour as my back pain drives me out of bed. I have a comfortable mattress  (High density memory foam). The Resmed A10 is VERY quiet which I love; I have a bit of an issue with the nasal pillow slipping due to the shape of my head and the strap provided but I generally get it on good enough although I get a high leakage warning every now and then.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 mask is subject to leakage caused by the weight of the CPAP hose. This is managed by a hose management system.  I use a velcro strap wrapped around the hose clipped to my pillow, some clip to their PJs.

tired in the sense I get the urge to take a nap around 3 PM
During the day I find it hard to concentrate or focus on things (brain fog)
I would like to feel more alert and energetic.

Which of the following apply to you?
What do you think applies to you?
Why do you think you have these symptoms?
What do you think might cause them?
Any chance that you are having significant Oxygen desats?  Insufficient O2 could be one cause of your symptoms.  Lack of sleep could be another one.

This is to frame your next discussion with your doctor.
Every doctor will say that your apnea is extremely well handled by your treatment.  

• Daytime hypersomnolence;

• Excessive fatigue;

• Morning headache;

• Cognitive dysfunction;

• Dyspnea, etc.;

• Fatigue;

• Insomnia;

• Difficulty going to sleep;

• Difficulty falling asleep;

• Wakening during the night;

• Daytime Sleepiness;

• Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS);

• Poor concentration;

• Difficulty with balance;

• Shortness of breath;

• Dry mouth;

• Restless Sleep;

• Non-Restorative Sleep;

• Snoring;

• Obstructive Sleep Apnea;

• Restless Leg Syndrome;

• Nocturnal Leg Cramps;

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 81 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Grin New CPAP User, looking for improvement help babysleep 8 469 01-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  eXciteOSA See Any Improvement? (with images) bergerj 6 1,675 01-21-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jrolli1509
  some improvement but still having symptoms her.suit 1 244 01-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First OSCAR data - lots of leaks and hardly any improvement :-( p123 8 690 10-10-2023, 03:48 AM
Last Post: p123
  Started CPAP three weeks ago and there is NO improvement in my sleep or how I feel drago7579 43 4,317 09-10-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.