Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experience needed
Sad 
Experience needed
Hello all,

It's great to have people volunteering here to help.

Without going through my hole painful life with sleep apnea. I've discovered that I have OSA last January. After usin CPAP I started to feel worse and then after two painful months with CPAP they said that I might have complex sleep apnea which is developing CSA against high CPAP pressure and experiencing CO2 poisoning . I've been transferred to BiPAP for almost a month and still the same. However, Finally they say that ASV might be my last line of defence. I've just got the ASV 2 days ago and still feeling worse than normal apnea symptoms. They say that might ASV full auto is the best option.

The problem is I'm really losing hope of getting any better. I'm lying in bed all time and experienced a lot of problems in work becasue of tiredness and lack of concentration. I'm really lost here and it's frustrating.

Any one with similar case can give an advice about what can be done with ASV ? Is this ridiculous disease can be cured? Can I live normally again?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experience needed
don't lose hope, your in the right place now to get the help you need. you just took the first step in taking charge of your own therapy by posting here.
what you need to do now is update your profile with the exact model of resmed S9, download the sleepyhead software (link at top of page) and post some of the data from that here.

within no time the helpful people here will start to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV is considered the gold standard machine for treatment of mixed and central apnea.
It is not uncommon for people to have to start on CPAP, switch to BiPap, then switch to the ASV.

Sleep apnea is often found with a cluster of other health problems that may be related or discrete.
You will have to work with your GP to rule out issues of weight, diabetes, thyroid, and et cetera.

The majority of people treated for sleep apnea during their working years are able to return to their normal activities and occupation.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board niammus,
It sounds like you've been given the run around with your care. You should have been put on an ASV machine sooner, but the important thing is to get the correct settings dialed in.

It would be helpful if you would fill out your profile with the exact machine name, model and pressure settings you are using.

Do you have sleep data you could share with us, like AHI and breakdown of that number, like Obstructives, hypopneas, Centrals, and leak rate?

In the meantime, download the Sleepyhead software, link top of page, and download your data.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2015, 01:57 PM)Rob S Wrote: don't lose hope, your in the right place now to get the help you need. you just took the first step in taking charge of your own therapy by posting here.
what you need to do now is update your profile with the exact model of resmed S9, download the sleepyhead software (link at top of page) and post some of the data from that here.

within no time the helpful people here will start to help.

Hi Rob thanks for your reply. I've downloaded the data to Rescan from SD card can I retrieve it back ?
Post Reply Post Reply
i never used rescan but i'm sure someone can help with that. make sure to write protect (lock) the sd card before putting it into the computer's card reader and unlock it before putting it back in your machine.

the data on the card should still be there after loading it in to rescan or sleepyhead.

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=1980]

Settings
EPAP=8.0
Min PS= 3
Max PS= 15
Post Reply Post Reply
Most important graphs are events, pressure, flow, and leak.
looks like you sleep mostly in the daytime?

The summary stats appear to be good.

You can see in the mask pressure graph where the IPAP (Inhalation Positive Airway Pressure) runs between 11 and approaches the maximum setting of 23.
(IPAP runs between EPAP+Min PS and EPAP+ Max PS.)

At first look, the machine appears to be doing its job.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2015, 03:28 PM)justMongo Wrote: Most important graphs are events, pressure, flow, and leak.

You can see in the mask pressure graph where the IPAP (Inhalation Positive Airway Pressure) runs between 11 and approaches the maximum setting of 23.

Thanks for Your replay. I can't add more pictures it says I exceed the attachment limit I don't Know why. Although it appears that it's doing it's job but I really feel terrible this morning. Any possibilities like CSA ?

here is the other image
http ://s11.postimg.org/afilxrbtv/19_12_2015 .jpg

Thanks a lot
Post Reply Post Reply
i also felt worse with treatment than before even with effective treatment, ie low AHI little to no mask leaks, etc. it was about 2 months before i didn't feel worse and 5 months before i thought i was feeling better.

(12-20-2015, 03:44 PM)niammus Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 03:28 PM)justMongo Wrote: Most important graphs are events, pressure, flow, and leak.

Thanks for Your replay. I can't add more pictures it says I exceed the attachment limit I don't Know why. Although it appears that it's doing it's job but I really feel terrible this morning. Any possibilities like CSA ?

here is the other image
http ://s11.postimg.org/afilxrbtv/19_12_2015 .jpg

Thanks a lot
you can rearrange the order of the graphs in sleepy head putting the ones mentioned at the top for the next time you take a screen shot.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 418 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 103 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,525 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,068 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.