Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experiences CMS50F Wrist Oximeter
Experiences CMS50F Wrist Oximeter
Hi- Im looking for a reliable wrist oximeter and would like something that is as reliable as the home sleep test oximeters if possible. 

I see wildly ranging opinions on the CMS50(F and others) ranging from total junk to some on this forum and elsewhere who love it.

Do you have experience with the CMS50F? Would you recommend it? Do you know if it is accurate? Would you recommend something else (even more expensive). Many thanks for your opinions
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experiences CMS50F Wrist Oximeter
I have used it for about 6 months - works fine for all night. No problems with it at all. It is a little tricky to combine it with the OSCAR charts but if you don’t it has a stand alone program is is good.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience the CMS-50 "F" and "I" models had the LED display degrade in brightness as the units gained age. About the only way I can currently read them is in a very dark area. I wonder if the newer units, with v2.0 firmware fare any better.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Wellue 02 Ring on my thumb with very good results and easily downloads data into Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson nape you are so far above me on the tech  side that I hate to ask!  But the first option on the menu is brightness, is your turned up?  When mine is at a low level of brightness I can not hardly see the screen.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
That was done a long-long-long time ago. If it isn't at its brightest setting, you can't see it in total darkness.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same model and it works well, EXCEPT I can't get it to be recognized in OSCAR.
From what I understand, the newest version of the oximeter doesn't play well with OSCAR.
Hopefully, Gideon and the crew are working on a fix.  Thinking-about
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
You can still import the .spo2 file. The CMS-50 group has rewritten the communication protocol on the newer models, thus preventing the use of the direct import option in OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2021, 10:37 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The CMS-50 group has rewritten the communication protocol on the newer models, thus preventing the use of the direct import option in OSCAR.

What the happy hell?
Why in the world would they do this?  Thinking-about
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2021, 09:47 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Crimson nape you are so far above me on the tech  side that I hate to ask!  But the first option on the menu is brightness, is your turned up?  When mine is at a low level of brightness I can not hardly see the screen.

I've had the same problem as Crimson - after a few months, even with the brightness set to 4, I have to actually take a photo of the screen in a dim room, in order to make out what it says (this was on a CMS50E).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 807 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.