Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experiences with F & P Vitera FF Mask
RE: Experiences with F & P Vitera FF Mask
It started as, "It's my dime and if ain't broke, don't replace it". After reading how often members here replace their masks, I wondered just how long does a mask last. Based on the knowledge that nasal pillows start to leak as they approach end-of-life, I decided to use that as a guideline. Since then, time has just putted along and no change in leaks. Currently the only limiting factor is our 5 month old Boxer that seems to has an affinity for anything made of silicone rubber. My only considerations are, wash only when needed with mild soap and lukewarm water and to keep out of direct sunlight.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, my first post here. I’ve used F&P Vitera FFM for a week now after a poor experience with the ResMed F30. I find it’s great for a mouth breather as it seals well at the jaw line. The head gear is snug without having to over tighten to stop leaks. Unlike the F30 which was painfully tight for side sleeping. And side sleeping with the Vitera is the best so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to go through a new sleep study last night to generate evidence of needing a new type of machine. The tech had me try a Vitera mask. He suggested and used small. It did work, but I felt the mask had to be in a rather limited position to seal well, so I'll probably try medium when I'm able to get my own. I liked the cushion as it tried to stay sealed while side sleeping.

And while I'm not a fan of the near forehead bar thing, it did add to the sealing tension at the bridge of the nose. Given that the bar isn't in the way and doesn't touch, I'll accept that when it does add to reduce problematic sealing surfaces. I'll be adding this mask to my wish list.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I'd revive this thread since it deals with the headgear for the F&P Vitera.  

[rant on]
Last night, while being in a deep comfortable sleep, I was rudely awakened by the Velcro pad on the cheek strap abruptly releasing from the headgear.  Being around 2AM, I was not a happy camper.  It turns out that the Velcro used to secure the cheek strap tension is a laminated arrangement and the adhesive that bonds these two pieces just gave up the ghost.   The Velcro is mounted on a substrate that is so impenetrable that even using pliers, I couldn't pierce with a needle and thread.  At this point all I can do is order a replacement headgear and email F&P to see if it may be covered under warranty.

I've been using the Simplus for 6 years without incident but the Vitera hasn't lasted 3 months.
[/rant off]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the vitera full face for four nights.

This is my first CPAP experience and was far far better than expected- the mask is comfortable and seals relatively well considering the lack of tension i had on the straps (now fixed)

HOWEVER, if the front grid of holes/diffuser gets any water/moisture on itself it will start squeeling and whistling which is not conductive to sleeping!

For this reason I'll be trying something new fairly soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2020, 03:48 PM)wesozzzz Wrote: Thanks Crimson Nape for the review.

I had been using the Simplus mask and yes they are well made and durable, but compared with the F30 my mask pressure is higher by 3 cm with the Simplus ..
You've thrown me there. Surely the mask makes no difference to pressure? I'm assuming the machine pumps only as hard as it needs to in order to reach the set pressure (measured within the machine somewhere) so, if one mask vents or leaks more air than another, the motor will just spin faster, or slower as required.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been trying to work that out too, I can only think that the side pressure on my  nose  from the larger cushion on the Vitera and Simplus masks increases my nasal restrictions. So the APAP increases the pressure to keep up the flow rate. Any other suggestions out there?
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Okay

I switched to the Vitera FF mask a few months ago.

PRO:
No cheek marks 
Light weight headgear
Mask is not foam but it's the softest silicone ever
Can be put into the SoClean machine

CON:
AIR flows constantly and into my eyes (from the mask design)
By morning, my eyes are irritated (and very dry)
My daily report shows I've adjusted my mask numerous times and/or taken it off (which I don't think I do)
Better to sleep on my side so I can hold in the mask to stay in place (without the headgear being so tight)

HELP:
Don't know if my mask isn't fitting well (I'm using the small; other brands I use medium -- but this one fits well)

Another question or few:
Perhaps the season, but my water reservoir is totally empty before the end of my night
Maybe I need to adjust my humidity level?
Do I need a humidifier for my bedroom
WHY is there so much AIR flow through the mask (it has the air holes so it's made that way; other masks seem 'sealed')!

Thanks -- after a frustrated night of sleepless in Kentucky!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not knowing how you tensioned the straps, a Vitera performs better with the top straps loose. Make most of your seal adjustments using the lower straps. The top of the Vitera has about an inch (25 mm) of travel. Excessive leaks can exacerbate the consumption of humidifier water.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 987 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
Gross F&P Vitera “pops” when on my back N6GQ 4 571 08-29-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: raylock1
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 545 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 703 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [Treatment] MBRP experiences? JonathanG 0 392 06-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: JonathanG
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.