Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Experiment with P10 mask and wakeful but the machine did not record the data, why?.
Experiment with P10 mask and wakeful but the machine did not record the data, why?.
Ok, I am bound and determined to use the P10 mask so I decided to try an experiment. I put on the mask, made sure it was in my nose, and turned on the machine, without the ramp, to see if it was leaking, nope, all was well. I sat there watching TV for 1/2 hour and then rolled over a few times, mouth breathed etc, this all lasted for about an hour. Took out the SD card, slid the tab down to protect it, and nothing was there!!!! What??????????? I am positive I slid the tab in the right direction, it is up to add data and down to protect data. Will only a short nap not show anything????? GRRRRR

My purpose is to try to find out where leaks are coming from while I am able to correlate what could be happening with the mask. I did realize that I hold my breath when I turn over, so I sure can account for an apnea for that time, so that is good to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experiment with P10 mask and wakeful but the machine did not record the data, why?.
Is there any data (usage, AHI, leak) on the LCD sleep report and happy/sad face
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experiment with P10 mask and wakeful but the machine did not record the data, why?.
It should be. It might be on tomorrow's data, however. Sometimes I have seen ResScan do that if the time is too short. To it, the day starts and ends at noon. I have slept beyond noon before. SleepyHead will have that time on the correct day but ResScan wouldn't even see it until the next night's data was loaded in. Not always, but sometimes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2014, 05:07 PM)zonk Wrote: Is there any data (usage, AHI, leak) on the LCD sleep report and happy/sad face

I went back and looked at the LCD and it showed AHI and blank.

The card clearly shows an unlock in the top position and locked in the bottom, so I can't figure out why it did not show the data. I guess I will see if it takes it tonight. Hopefully I will try this again beginning when I sit down to watch TV before going to sleep and then wear the mask for the rest of the night. I also bought the Lanisol that was recommened and will try that. I hope this works and my levels are good tomorrow, I sooooooooo want to use this mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2014, 12:53 PM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I am positive I slid the tab in the right direction, it is up to add data and down to protect data.

Nope. It would be down to record, up to protect.

Although I guess it depends on which end is up. Towards the machine, or the computer is unlocked. Away is locked. Towards the metal contacts is unlocked, away is locked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2014, 05:32 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 12:53 PM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I am positive I slid the tab in the right direction, it is up to add data and down to protect data.

The S9 don,t accept the card in locked position, she ask you to remove the card otherwise won,t start with the card in locked position

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2014, 05:36 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 05:32 PM)retired_guy Wrote:

The S9 don,t accept the card in locked position, she ask you to remove the card otherwise won,t start with the card in locked position

Hmmm, mine does.... Been there, done that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2014, 05:39 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 05:36 PM)zonk Wrote: The S9 don,t accept the card in locked position, she ask you to remove the card otherwise won,t start with the card in locked position

Hmmm, mine does.... Been there, done that.
Just now, took SD card out, move tab to lock, insert SD card
S9 message ... 'Attention ... Read only card
Please remove, unlock and re-insert SD card'

Unlock the card and re-insert ... message 'Reading SD card'

Maybe ResMed did some changes in later models
my S9 manufactured 2010 ... software version 0602

Post Reply Post Reply
One of several possibilities:

1. I have the Oregon Coast version of the machine. Typically our machines have to be used to working on people with webbed feet.

2. When I inserted the locked card in my machine before, I didn't actually get it inserted, hence no data was written on it and my machine ran without the card just fine. Which of course it will do.

3. I inserted the card but failed to notice the message, then failed to notice that my machine was not really working that night and that would explain why it was so hard to breath that time.

4. All of the above.

I'll try it again this evening when I get to it and see if it really is or is not weird. It could be weird. I have noticed a lot of weird things around here. I'm not weird. But lots of things are...... I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the ResMed card there are little icons on the side of the card showing a lock and then an unlock, so it's hard to do it wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 189 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 461 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 610 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 672 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 523 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.