Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Expiratory Relief and Preliminary Report Analysis
RE: [Newbie] Preliminary Report Analysis
I'd bet that correcting the apnea will in turn correct the low sats.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2019, 08:19 AM)bonjour Wrote: You also want an O2 meter that will integrate with SleepyHead.
I have not seen that significant oxygen desats. Than your apnea.

Ask about getting a daytime continuous Oxygen test to eliminate your desats from also being a problem.

Which APAP and when do you get your hands on it. I'm munch more concerned with your oxygen levels than I am your apnea

On your posted SleepyHead charts in addition to normal charts ( s÷ signature optimization link) include your tidal volume, minute volume, plus inspiration and expiration timing and details.

I'm also wondering if you may need an advanced Bilevel. Intended for COPD WITH MORE breath control.

Fred

Thank you for your reply, Fred, much appreciated.

Following ColoradoMom and your feedback, I just ordered a CMS50D+ to add to my "apnea toolbox."

About the APAP machine, it's supposed to arrive mid next week, and it's a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset (version for her, just in case I might benefit from the other algorithm).

As I am a mouth breather, I also ordered a ResMed F20 Full Face.

As soon as I am all set with the devices, I will post the first night results here.

Thank you again for your help, you guys are the best.

(01-04-2019, 10:12 AM)dmeRT Wrote: I'd bet that correcting the apnea will in turn correct the low sats.

Hopefully. I admit I am a little concerned right now...
Post Reply Post Reply
I too know that at least most of the desats will correct with your APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say it's pretty urgent that you be treated, and I agree you should verify SpO2 is in a good range with your CPAP treatment since you clearly qualify for supplemental oxygen based on the sleep study. When will your machine arrive? I suppose we can resume this discussion in your other therapy thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [Newbie] Expiratory Relief Settings on AS10 Autoset
Do you have an SD card for your AutoSet?  If not get one, no need for a big one.  We will want to see your results from night one!   Based on your sleep Study http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-Analysis We want to eliminate as many desats as we can as quickly as we can.

I do agree with the Min 7, Max 20, EPR 3 that SleepRider recommended for the first night.  I also suggest that you turn the ramp off if it is on and enable essentials

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
"Essentials" is an option that increases the detail of the sleep report menus on the machine. It is ON by default, but needs to be changed to PLUS for the full report. Good luck, and looking forward to seeing your first results soon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2019, 11:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd say it's pretty urgent that you be treated, and I agree you should verify SpO2 is in a good range with your CPAP treatment since you clearly qualify for supplemental oxygen based on the sleep study. When will your machine arrive? I suppose we can resume this discussion in your other therapy thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-Autoset.

It's supposed to arrive mid-week. In the meantime, I have already ordered the oximeter for supplemental data.

If it is more convenient, can you merge the two threads?

Thank you again for your insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2019, 11:41 AM)bonjour Wrote: Do you have an SD card for your AutoSet?  If not get one, no need for a big one.  We will want to see your results from night one!   Based on your sleep Study http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-Analysis We want to eliminate as many desats as we can as quickly as we can.

I do agree with the Min 7, Max 20, EPR 3 that SleepRider recommended for the first night.  I also suggest that you turn the ramp off if it is on and enable essentials

Fred

I am not sure whether it comes with an SD card, although I assume it does. However, to stay on the safe side, I got an extra one already.

And thank you for the insights, you guys are the best!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2019, 12:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: "Essentials" is an option that increases the detail of the sleep report menus on the machine. It is ON by default, but needs to be changed to PLUS for the full report. Good luck, and looking forward to seeing your first results soon.

Thank you for the clarification, I will make sure I set the APAP up according to your specs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wrote an Oxygen Bleed wiki that explains more than what you need to know: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 322 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 159 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,419 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 147 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.