Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Explanation Please; SleepyHead AHI
Explanation Please; SleepyHead AHI
Here's a screen shot of sleepyhead report.
[attachment=2756]

Notice the circles around the AHI graphs.. I don't understand how the AHI's can last this long. I would have expected them to be pinpoints.

Color me confused.

Thanks in advance for the your explanations

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Explanation Please; SleepyHead AHI
(08-13-2016, 05:44 PM)icyura10 Wrote: Here's a screen shot of sleepyhead report.

Notice the circles around the AHI graphs.. I don't understand how the AHI's can last this long. I would have expected them to be pinpoints.

Color me confused.

Hello!

You seem to be confusing AHI with individual events. Individual events have a duration. AHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index) represents an average of events per hour; an AHI under 5 is an indication that your treatment is effective (although most are hoping to get their AHI as close to zero as possible). On the chart you circled, then, you are seeing a moving average throughout the night. The software takes total events per night (e.g. 20) and divides by the amount of hours slept (e.g. 5) to arrive at AHI (e.g. 4 or 20/5).

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2016, 05:44 PM)icyura10 Wrote: Here's a screen shot of sleepyhead report.

Color me confused.

Incidentally, it looks like you are experiencing too much large leak!

Try to improve the fit of your mask and/or determine if you are mouth breathing. Some leak is designed into the process but Large Leak (LL) needs to be corrected.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you probably know now, the AHI graph is the rolling average number of apnea events per hour. Even if you have a low AHI for the whole night, that graph might show the AHI is higher at times, and lower at times. It's not a particularly useful graph, but does show if your events are clustered, or occur evenly through the night.

To see the duration of events, look at the daily events graphs, and select the events tab. The number of each type of event is listed, and can be expanded to show the duration of each event.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you both for your time and explanation.

And yes, I'm aware of the large leak condition... I'm working on it.. well... as best as I can, now lemme see..where did I leave my hot glue gun?? Hmmmm....
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.