Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Explanation and Range of CPAP Numbers
Explanation and Range of CPAP Numbers
Hi. I have a ResMed S9 Elite. I opened the data card in ResMed Version 3.16 software. Can someone please explain the numbers and the normal ranges. What do the numbers mean as to how bad my apnea is? (Apnea Index, Obstructive, Central, Hypopnea Index and AHI in particular). What is the acceptable leak level? I a;lso saw a sotware called Dream Driver. Is it available and if so where? Thanks, BobF.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Explanation and Range of CPAP Numbers
Wiki page on acronyms:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

If a wiki page exists for the acronym (or what the acronym stands for), it will have a link to that page.

Such as for the AHI:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._%28AHI%29

But, in a nutshell, you want the AHI to be less than 5. I think it is the same for central events.

I think the leak level depends on the mask.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2012, 03:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I think the leak level depends on the mask.

If you to to the webpage for your mask in ResMed (I am not sure about others) there will be a table and your intentional leak rate is determined by a combination of mask and pressure. It is on a graph that show the leak rate increase as the pressure is raised.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2012, 03:44 PM)mjbearit Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 03:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I think the leak level depends on the mask.

If you to to the webpage for your mask in ResMed (I am not sure about others) there will be a table and your intentional leak rate is determined by a combination of mask and pressure. It is on a graph that show the leak rate increase as the pressure is raised.
Hi. Thanks. I'll look at mine. Regards, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2012, 02:12 PM)BobF Wrote: What is the acceptable leak level?
Hi Bob. Congrats on getting rid of S9 Escape. ResMed define acceptable leak at and below 24 L/min. ResScan leak graph (Summary Graphs) shows a red line at 24 L/min. Leak above the red line for prolong period of tome would affect the accuracy of data. Please note the S9 leak is the unintentional leak (mask leak) and you only have to tell the machine the type of mask you,re using and she does the calculations.

Data Management Guide
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

ResScan Basic (scroll down to the last video)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zonk. Thanks Great info. I have them bookmarked. Regards, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to help.
Check your PM for the ResScan tutorial
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,429 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 606 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  What should my pressure range be? tomkelly 4 421 01-09-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,017 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 505 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.