Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR can't find data on SD card
OSCAR can't find data on SD card
This problem started after 2 days ago after my RESMED Airsense 10 supplier (a local pharmacy) took out the SD card to read it in her app and then put it back in.  It was unpowered at the time and when I got home and put everything back together all seemed normal with AHI numbers being reported as usual the next day. However OSCAR now says there is no data to report.  But the data seems to be there as my RESMED machine can see it and the file count and storage amount is similar to other days it is just that OSCAR can't see it. So what has happened?  Assistance appreciated.

Thank you.

Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR can't find data on SD card
Check to see if your DME write-protected (locked) the card.  It's the little tab on the side of the card.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks but the card is not locked that was the first thing I checked.

Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
Well no further help with this issue so I assume it is something highly unusual , possibly something I have screwed up although I can't imagine how or could the data have been encrypted after being loaded into ResMed's proprietary system by the helpful lady at my local pharmacy?  

Anyway I have solved the problem by simply getting another pristine SD card and low and behold OSCAR can read last nights data just fine and I still have my historical data.

Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum.

Fortunately you are not long into therapy and so there were no gaps in the summary data.

Sounds like this all happened within a day or less, so there is also no gap in session detail data either.

The AS10 retains daily summary data in its memory for about 60-90 days (I forget which), however it does not retain any detail session data.  
  • When you insert a new SD card, I believe the AS10 will write the stored summary data to the SD Card.
  • Then during operation it will write the detailed data for each session to the SD card (even though it does not retain it in AS10 memory)
  • That's why if you ever forget to reinsert the SD card and remember a few days later, you will notice no gap in the summary data, but you won't find detailed session data in OSCAR for the days the card was out of the machine. 

In this case the session detail data that is not on the new SD card had already been imported into OSCAR from the old card, so OSCAR is not missing any data.

The 'corruption' of the SD card might have been caused not by you but by the pharmacy tech inserting an unlocked SD card into her computer.  
  • Some computer OSes will put a control file on removable media and that can cause issues for other machines trying to read the data. 
  • It might be interesting since you switched to a new SD card to mount both cards on your OSCAR computer and look for differences.  
  • It is likely you will find something was added to the old SD card which you can probably delete and it will work again.  
For the future... it would be helpful to develop the habit of any time you remove the SD card from the AS10, write lock it before you step away from the machine.  And the last thing you do before reinserting into the AS10 is to unlock it.  Strive to make that a 'muscle memory' kind of thing and you won't go wrong. Nobody except the AS10 ever needs to write to the SD card. 
  • If the SD card is always write locked when away from the AS10, you won't accidentally insert it unlocked into your computer, nor hand it to any DME or doctor office unlocked.   They might not be as diligent as we patients are about locking an SD card that is handed to them.  
  • Good habits on your part will protect your data from yourself and others who handle the SD card away from your AS10.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>AS10 retains daily summary data in its memory for about 60-90 days (I forget which)

It's 365 days, to be exact
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2022, 04:26 PM)pholynyk Wrote: >>>AS10 retains daily summary data in its memory for about 60-90 days (I forget which)

It's 365 days, to be exact

oops ... what he said. 

thanks pholynyk.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks that is very helpful.

Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought it was only the s9 that required you to change from lock to unlocked and the airsense 10 model you didn’t have to do that.  
The other day I was importing my data and for some reason there was one particular day that it says no data available.  The sd card was in the machine but for some reason that one day no data was recorded.  
Does anyone know how to get this data to import? If you don’t have the sd card in then you at least get summary data, but it’s as if I didn’t use my machine that particular day which in my case is  incorrect.  
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this problem to retrieve my lost data from one day.  
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 9 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 101 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 61 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.