Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] export data from resscan to sleepyhead
Question 
export data from resscan to sleepyhead
I'm using the obsolete S8 data card and reader to read data from my S8 and display it in resScan. Is there a way to export rescan data, then import it into sleepyhead?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: export data from resscan to sleepyhead
Would think the standard procedure applies: lock the SD-Card, mount the card to the PC, import into SleepyHead, unmount card, unlock card, insert card back into your S8

SleepyHead supports both S8 and S9 among others.

Edit: I don't think there is a way to export data from ResScan into a format that SleepyHead accepts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 02:21 PM)c0reDump Wrote: Would think the standard procedure applies: lock the SD-Card, mount the card to the PC, import into SleepyHead, unmount card, unlock card, insert card back into your S8

SleepyHead supports both S8 and S9 among others.

Edit: I don't think there is a way to export data from ResScan into a format that SleepyHead accepts.

But, the S8 does not use an SD card. Looks like a memory stick with contacts like what you might see on a phone SIM card. The reader is quite unique and requires the ResScan driver for the card read.

I've not tried it; perhaps Sleepyhead can read through the card reader... I'll try it and report my findings.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 02:28 PM)justMongo Wrote: But, the S8 does not use an SD card. Looks like a memory stick with contacts like what you might see on a phone SIM card. The reader is quite unique and requires the ResScan driver for the card read.

I've not tried it; perhaps Sleepyhead can read through the card reader... I'll try it and report my findings.

Yeah, my mistake, I found a webpage where the SleepyHead author has an outline of the S8 dataformat, but it looks like the S8 is NOT officially supported due to the proprietary card.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...d_Hardware
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...ata_Format
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead does not support machines uses smart data cards such as Resmed S8 or Respironcis M series
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 03:59 PM)zonk Wrote: SleepyHead does not support machines uses smart data cards such as Resmed S8 or Respironcis M series

And now I can confirm that. SH would not find the S8 reader.
I was hoping their might be an export function in RS (there is -- to csv file format) that could then be imported to SH (that does work either.)

So, the final answer is: No.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 193 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.