Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exporting data from Sleephead
RE: Exporting data from Sleephead
Signal Plant is another program for reading EDF files.
signalplant.codeplex.com

Its open source (requires registration) also free.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2016, 03:14 PM)AlanE Wrote: If the files are of the EDF exntension you can try a script written in Python that supposedly pulls the data out. github.com/rays/pyedf I have not tested it but I might now that I found it. You can read more on the EDF file format here: edfplus.info/specs/index.html

I think ResMed data is in EDF format, and Philips Respironics is a different format, but you might want to double check. I don't know if Respironics data format has any similarities to EDF, or if ResMed format is standards compliant or somewhat proprietary.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2016, 10:19 PM)archangle Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 03:14 PM)AlanE Wrote: If the files are of the EDF exntension you can try a script written in Python that supposedly pulls the data out. github.com/rays/pyedf I have not tested it but I might now that I found it. You can read more on the EDF file format here: edfplus.info/specs/index.html

I think ResMed data is in EDF format, and Philips Respironics is a different format, but you might want to double check. I don't know if Respironics data format has any similarities to EDF, or if ResMed format is standards compliant or somewhat proprietary.

i am using a Philips Respironics System One Series 60 .... I have tried all of the known and readable standard formats using Mathematica without avail. i believe Mathematica has the most complete list of formats that can be read (EDF was one of them.) Apparently, PR is using a User Defined Format which I haven't decoded yet. I haven't yet dug through Sleephead's *.dll's but the answer is probably there (... a hint of which one would be appreciated.) It doesn't look like there is a shortcut other than, "UGH", hard work. I know I am reinventing the wheel here...

QUICK UPDATE: found the PRS1 loader files in the source libraries and am working through them./WWO/

Walter W. Olson, Ph.D., P.E.
Mechanical Engineering
Professor Emeritus, Professional Engineer
Post Reply Post Reply
Walter, if you have a strong programming interest and think you may be able to help with Sleepyhead development, send a PM request to SuperSleeper highlighting your interest and experience, and request admission to the private software development group that works directly with Mark Watkins, and where the biggest collaboration of programming, troubleshooting and user input exists. Once there, you'll have better luck getting these details and actually feeding your contribution into development. I'm sure that if Mark shares the code with you for development purposes, you'll need to agree to some terms of use.

Sounds like you would be a very good addition to the group, but the decision is made through SuperSleeper and Mark.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2016, 01:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Walter, if you have a strong programming interest and think you may be able to help with Sleepyhead development, send a PM request to SuperSleeper highlighting your interest and experience, and request admission to the private software development group that works directly with Mark Watkins, and where the biggest collaboration of programming, troubleshooting and user input exists. Once there, you'll have better luck getting these details and actually feeding your contribution into development. I'm sure that if Mark shares the code with you for development purposes, you'll need to agree to some terms of use.

Sounds like you would be a very good addition to the group, but the decision is made through SuperSleeper and Mark.

Thank you, I will do that in the near future.

Walt

Mechanical Engineering
Post Reply Post Reply
SUCCESS!!!

http://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/code...Format.odt

Apparently, this document found in the source code for SleepyHead is exactly what I need. I haven't tried it on a file yet but it sure looks like the answer!

Thank you, Mark, for writing it and posting it!

Now I have a bit of programming to do!

Walt
Mechanical Engineering
Post Reply Post Reply
An update: I successfully downloaded and extracted my flow data from the SD Card for a PRS1 Series 60. The file by JediMark above was a great help.

You need to be careful, though: he mixes hexadecimal and decimal numbers at times:
the datasize in decimal is = BlockLength - 24 - 3*nsig.

Everything I wanted was in the session.005 file. The block headers are a JediMark described but you need to reverse the byte orders for 16 bit and 32 bit entries. The actual flow data is stored as Signed Integer 8. If you read the data in as Unsigned Integer 8 (as I did to parse out the header) you need to perform a 2's complement to get the actual values. My data was not interleaved so extracting it was very easy, once I understood the format.

Now that I have the data, I still need to do the analysis.

Walt

Mechanical Engineering
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice job. and I understood everything you wrote. scary...
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps we can make you into a programmer yet, Alan. Big Grin

How did you do with Lemmings?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 12:21 AM)pholynyk Wrote: How did you do with Lemmings?

You just push one off the cliff and sit back, watch the show.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Exporting OSCAR Graphs Wizard99 2 248 02-09-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Wizard99
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 477 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Exporting detailed data from OSCAR newuser1002 1 584 05-16-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.