Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] CPAP never worked
RE: CPAP never worked
I wanted to follow up on this forum because when I wrote in last time I was in a really bad place.  I saw people mentioning trying different mask for CPAP, I tried at least a dozen mask, each time a new one came out my doctor would call me in, I'd try it and wouldn't get even an hour of sleep the entire night.  Here is the issue to take someone who is an extremely light sleeper all their life, who also has insomnia and ask them to sleep with a contraption strapped to your face just isn't even practical.

I do however have great news - my sleep apnea is almost 100% cured.  I mentioned Inspire Therapy in my last post, I qualified for the surgery, my insurance covered it, I have the implant, the controller, the sensors and the hypoglossal nerve stimulator and I'm sleeping like I've never slept in the last 30 years.  I used to dream all the time when I was young, and now I'm having dreams again for the first time in 30 years! Smile   This device is a miracle for me, I highly suggest anyone on this board who cannot tolerate CPAP, someone like me who has tried CPAP, dental appliances, provents, multiple surgeries and are still exhausted you need to go to the Inspire Therapy website and find the closest doctor near you and visit him today.

This is a miracle, I'm so happy I thought I would spend the rest of my life in a constant state of exhaustion I feel so refreshed with just 5 hours of sleep because it's actual sleep for once. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2017, 04:41 PM)49er Wrote: Have you tried or looked into Maxillomandibular Advancement Surgery for sleep apnea?   If you haven't, you might want to google it.

It is very grueling but has one of the higher success rates according to a sleep doctor I corresponded with online.

Good luck as I hope you find something that works for you.

49er

I've had that surgery, for other reasons. Yes, they break your jaw and screw it together in a different position. It frequently damages the nerves in the face. It can disfigure you. You will have your jaw wired shut for an extended period of time. It is EXCRUCIATINGLY painful. They never tell you this.

It may well have contributed to or created my sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2017, 04:15 AM)g12196 Wrote: I wanted to follow up on this forum because when I wrote in last time I was in a really bad place.  I saw people mentioning trying different mask for CPAP, I tried at least a dozen mask, each time a new one came out my doctor would call me in, I'd try it and wouldn't get even an hour of sleep the entire night.  Here is the issue to take someone who is an extremely light sleeper all their life, who also has insomnia and ask them to sleep with a contraption strapped to your face just isn't even practical.

I do however have great news - my sleep apnea is almost 100% cured.  I mentioned Inspire Therapy in my last post, I qualified for the surgery, my insurance covered it, I have the implant, the controller, the sensors and the hypoglossal nerve stimulator and I'm sleeping like I've never slept in the last 30 years.  I used to dream all the time when I was young, and now I'm having dreams again for the first time in 30 years! Smile   This device is a miracle for me, I highly suggest anyone on this board who cannot tolerate CPAP, someone like me who has tried CPAP, dental appliances, provents, multiple surgeries and are still exhausted you need to go to the Inspire Therapy website and find the closest doctor near you and visit him today.

This is a miracle, I'm so happy I thought I would spend the rest of my life in a constant state of exhaustion I feel so refreshed with just 5 hours of sleep because it's actual sleep for once. Sleep-well

Have you had a post-surgery sleep study and Inspire has cured the apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 606 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus? GuitarInnovations 23 2,414 11-21-2021, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nasal Pillows vs Nasal Masks, which worked best for you? CorruptAlligator 27 5,247 11-21-2021, 09:29 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  AIRCURVE 10 CHANGE THAT WORKED CROWMAN 3 1,119 11-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anybody have LPR (or LPRD)? What worked for you to sleep better at night? CorruptAlligator 4 950 07-19-2021, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  mask primer fitting instructions worked Haley 2 1,574 02-26-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mask hacks that worked for me jaw2004 6 2,785 11-21-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: jaw2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.