Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use...
Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use...
Hi all,

I had my first full night of BiPAP use last night. However, when I woke up I was incredibly dizzy. I did notice that my humidification tank was dry. Perhaps this caused the problem?

I have used the BiPAP for 4 nights before this one with no dizziness problems (for 2-6 hours per night).

Anyone else ever dealt with this, and if so, how long did it last?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Extremely dizzy after first full night of BiPAP use...
Post your OSCAR nightly charts.
I suspect that you are not used to the PS being applied, and with the machine turned off you haven't adjusted back to less efficient breathing and thus are lightheaded.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey @Bonjur. Here's my last 3 nights...

Also, note that last night I switched to VPAP-S mode, since I feel like I woke up previous nights when the pressure got higher. Maybe that was a bad decision though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is your Trigger setting?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently changed the trigger setting to high. It was at medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can try Very High. It isn't that much of a difference from High but it was just enough to clear up my remaining CA stragglers.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2020, 01:20 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can try Very High.  It isn't that much of a difference from High but it was just enough to clear up my remaining CA stragglers.

It's interesting, when I went from medium to high trigger it seemed like my CAs went up as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess that there is always an exception to the rule...
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2020, 01:43 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I guess that there is always an exception to the rule...

I also went from VAuto mode to S mode on my BiPAP. Could that have caused it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CA's are in clusters and not spread evenly throughout the night. If you were using VAuto, then, maybe, when the pressure went up they would appear in clusters. I'm guessing that you might be tossing and turning.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 518 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 253 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 678 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,597 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.