Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Eye problems
Eye problems
Since using my C-PAP machine I have been suffering with watering eyes when I wake. Do others have the same problem and has anyone found a remedy for this?:crying-into-tissue

::crying-into-tissue
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Eye problems
No, I have very dry eyes, and have to use eye drops and eye ointments at night.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 12:49 PM)DeafGeoff Wrote: Since using my C-PAP machine I have been suffering with watering eyes when I wake. Do others have the same problem and has anyone found a remedy for this?:crying-into-tissue

::crying-into-tissue
Eye problems should be taken seriously, see the eye doctor about that

If the problem to due with the mask not fitted correctly or being the wrong size, air might leak from top of the mask and comes in contact with the eyes, air leak into the eyes shouldn't be tolerated

BTW, this is not software problem, might be better served in the main forum

Post Reply Post Reply
The most likely answer is air blowing from under the edge of the mask into the eyes.

For a small number of people, air can go directly from the nose into the eyes through the tear duct. In this case, air will bubble directly into your eye socket.

Do either of these seem like the cause of your problems? Does the tearing go away quickly after you wake up?

Which CPAP machine do you have? "REMstar C-Flex" isn't enough info. Take the water tank out and look for "REF ###" on the label on the bottom of the blower unit.

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
One can deduce from OP profile and his other thread, that the machine is Philips Respironics System One. More likely "Pro" model as the machine report AHI, the NHS not likely to dispense Autos. But cannot tell, whether its 50 series or 60 series machine, but its not here nor there Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I have had pressurized air coming out of my lachrymal ducts but it just went out of my eyelids and never made it to my eye socket.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My model number is 451P
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 07:35 PM)DeafGeoff Wrote: My model number is 451P
Yes, that is the Pro 50 series model, in US known as 450, 451 for outside US
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 90 8 hours ago
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,200 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 231 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,927 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,678 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,046 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.