Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prisma Smart Max
Prisma Smart Max
I am determined to try the Prisma Smart Max APAP.  Does anyone know if my prescription from US doctor will be valid in Canada and if a Canadian medical supplier will sell me one through self pay? Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prisma Smart Max
If you have a prescription, and a supplier that sells the Lowenstein, the only question is whether your health system (like our FDA) has an authorization for the device. I suspect you can get around it, but the Prisma Max is not inexpensive, and most sellers are in Europe.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am in Canada.  I just googled this and lots of Sleep Apnea clinnics appear to sell Lowenstein.  Prices varry a lot,  but a company in Montreal lists the Prisma Max for $1175.00 Can. $.  Your USA $ is valued much higher so your out-of-pocket would be less.  Siri tells me this would calculate to $853.89 today.  Sales tax will be charged, and the percentage  may vary depending on the province the seller is located in.  I think my Resmed unit here in BC was taxed at 6%.  Another seller is pricing the same machine at $1500.00.  The clinics charging more for the same unit often claim to provide a higher level of support in setting up and adjusting the machine remotely, and imply this is why their price is higher.  The clinic (we don't call them DME'S in Canada) where I bought my Resmed calls there over-charge scheme Service For Life.  They are very responsive in monitoring the machine settings and adjusting them remotely,  and also phoning me for my feedback when I was new to this.  But,  now that I have been reading this forum for months I make my own adjustments and they are supportive of that.  They continue to check my results whenever I request advice or want a bit of praise for the good results I am getting.  Anyway,  the reason I mention all that is to show that that paying extra may be of value for a beginner.  I started CPAP Last summer.  As a more experience user now,  I would not need the startup help the supplier provided and charges for.   Just remember the cost of this type of Service For Life benefit is burried in the cost of the Machine.  Resmeds are sold by lots of online only suppliers here and they typically do not offer, and up-charge, for the on-going service schemes.  Lowenstein is quite new to Canada and it looks like only the more legitimate "full service" companies are selling it.  But that price I mentioned above really looks good to me.  I just looked at those ads again and one says the humidifier is included,  the other one does not mention it.  The humidifier is usually sold for about $300 so that may be why one looks like a mush better deal.  Anyway,  find a supplier with a price you like and phone or start out with an email.  Canadian's are friendly and like making money by selling stuff just as much as anyone does. You should know the heated hose module is also purchased separately at extra cost.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to look at ordering one from Australia. There are several medical equipment providers there that you can order from. Even though I have an Rx, none was required to buy from them. Paid $90US for shipping for my Prisma 20A but no sales tax.

Good luck.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
Sakima, Thanks so much for the suggestion of Australian purchase.  I am contacting now.   Thanks

Poolboy, That's a lot of good info.  Thank you for researching!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 5 289 04-16-2024, 04:34 AM
Last Post: bobgsm
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,870 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 148 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 530 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,205 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,727 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 17,107 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.