Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload
RE: [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload
(03-14-2023, 03:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I would suggest that you set all read, write, and execute permissions for everyone. Also, set your username as the file owner. Mac has 2 ways of setting permissions and ownership, one through your GUI and the other is using a CLI.

- Red

I am not a computer guru. How do I set the permissions and set my name as file owner?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
On your Mac, where was the filed saved to that you are getting the permission issue?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2023, 03:30 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: On your Mac, where was the filed saved to that you are getting the permission issue?

On the desktop
Post Reply Post Reply
Open Finder and go to your Desktop folder. Right click the file and select "Get Info" then scroll down to the bottom where you will see the permissions.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will these scripts work on my 2012 MacBook Pro or do I need a newer model?
Post Reply Post Reply
All it needs is Python to execute.  This is normally included in the macOS and Linux.  Since you mentioned your limited computer knowledge, did you open the file and modify the mainDir variable to match your computer's directory path for the SD card's data storage?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2023, 04:48 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: All it needs is Python to execute.  This is normally included in the macOS and Linux.  Since you mentioned your limited computer knowledge, did you open the file and modify the mainDir variable to match your computer's directory path for the SD card's data storage?

- Red

Yes I did. I have also changed the permissions but the option to set me as the owner of the file is greyed out.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does Finder show as the current file permissions?   Should be something like this:

Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

this is what I see
Post Reply Post Reply

This is what I see when I run the script
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,678 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 716 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 525 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,384 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,529 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 902 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help recovering Resmed A10 sdcard data epc002 2 735 07-01-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.