Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Brevida mask touching and bothering upper lip
F&P Brevida mask touching and bothering upper lip
I was acutely aware of the sensation of the bottom of the pillow touching my upper lip area last night. Made it very difficult to fall asleep since I'd just feel the warm silicone material. I don't remember it being like that my first night (not as much in contact). 

I hadn't changed any of the strap lengths/tightness and didn't really do anything to the whole machine except remove the pillow to clean with soap and water. 

I made sure to plug it back in the clip the right way (the size marker on the pillow matches up with the writing on the pillow holder), so it's not that. 

It just felt like something warm was touching me in the upper lip all night--indeed it was.

Anyone else feel uncomfortable with that sensation? If I can't acclimate to it ASAP, I'll have to be switching to the P10 (still within my 30 day mask trial) as I don't think I recall that feeling much with that pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Brevida mask touching and bothering upper lip
Also, sorry about asking all these questions and making threads. This is all new to me and I really want to understand everything I need to know as fast as I can!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's interesting. And I don't know, since I haven't tried it yet. But the Nuance Pro does that to me. (And the P10 does NOT do that to me.) I try to tell myself to get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Brevida and have no such issues. You might try adjusting the straps so the mask doesn't slide down toward your lip.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2019, 05:39 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: That's interesting.  And I don't know, since I haven't tried it yet.  But the Nuance Pro does that to me.  (And the P10 does NOT do that to me.)  I try to tell myself to get used to it.

Thank you. This is a good reminder that the P10 may be OK for me. I did have during my home study, but that was only for a couple nights and I had 3 other masks to try on. Couldn't recall if I had this issue then.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2019, 07:11 PM)sonicboom Wrote: I use the Brevida and have no such issues.  You might try adjusting the straps so the mask doesn't slide down toward your lip.

Thank you. I will try to readjust the strap. If it doesn't do that, then this mask doesn't seem that bad at all (but then again, as a new user, I have nothing to compare it against, lol). 

It was just so irritating during the night when I wasn't sleeping!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,657 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 357 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 5 3,231 09-13-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Nasal Pillow Sizing F&P Brevida Columbiabill 0 447 09-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Question Video shows me waving my arms and touching my face mask all night! What should I do? KidCharlamagne 3 533 03-17-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.