Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Brevida - pillow misaligned.
F&P Brevida - pillow misaligned.
A month ago I purchased the F&P Brevida nasal pillow mask. For the three plus years I had been on CPAP I had only used the P10 but recent discussions (P10 diffuser problems) motivated me to explore other similar masks. After several weeks I was still struggling to reduce leaks, unable to match the low levels I had managed to achieve with the P10. I was using the M-L size pillow that came with the mask and I noticed that the pillow tilted noticeably to on side when seated in the frame - the S sized pillow was seated properly.  On examination it appeared that the plastic ring on the pillow appeared to be rotated about 10-15 degrees from its proper position.  I ordered two new M-L pillows from another supplier and they arrived last week.  My leak rate is now the same as for the P10 (<2.0 L/M 95%).  These pillows both fit properly.  With the faulty pillow I had to tighten one strap more than the other to minimise the leak rate. With the new pillows both straps are set to the same length.
By looking at the orientation of the alignment notch on the pillow's plastic ring it is clear that is is rotated, forcing it to engage with the mask frame in such a way that the soft silicon wings om the pillow are rotated with respect to the plastic wings on the mask frame. I am not able rotate it back to the proper orientation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Brevida - pillow misaligned.
This is interesting since I think my leak rates with the Brevida are also an annoyance. It's also the only pillow I know, except for the p10 which I had for a few nights during my in home study. 

Was there anything you could do about the plastic ring on the pillow or is it as it is from the factory (i.e. not user changeable)?
Post Reply Post Reply
VroomVroom, I tried to rotate the ring back slightly but it would not budge - at least with the amount of force I was willing to exert without fear of damaging. If you look at the ring carefully with the bulge in the plastic defining 12 o'clock, the notch should be at 12 o'clock as well (mine was between 11 and 12).  You can check on the small pillow that comes with the mask for comparison (my small pillow was correct).
Post Reply Post Reply
I contacted F&P and they took the details and created a reference number but I have to go thru the supplier as they do not deal directly with customers. I bought the mask from supplier 34 so I contacted them with the reference number so now I have to wait. I will try to insert a picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
After some delay, largely due to slow communication between suppler 34 and F & P I received a brand new Brevida  Fit-pack - I had only asked for a replacement for the faulty pillow but I guess since supplier 34 only sells the complete mask, that is what I got.  All now works great and I am very happy as I now have spares.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
How weird.  It must have been a faulty one.  That's great the supplier helped you out.

I've had some leak issues with the Brevida (which I have also switched to, since realizing my P10 was suffocating me).  Last night, I wore the Brevida upside-down, and it sealed so much better!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.