Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Brevida
RE: F&P Brevida
While it seems to want to go straight down, it can swivel so that it points out and upwards.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pholynyck,

Thank you for responding that the Brevida hose near the mask can swivel outward and upwards. Do you think, then it would work with a hose management system that hangs above my head?

Currently I am using a F&P Zest Nasal mask that has an L-shaped swivel at the mask part (see 1st attachment). Since the Zest mask doesn't have a "mask hose" I also attached a short (11-in.) Activa hose piece from cpap.com (see 2nd attachment) to it that then attaches to my AirSense 10 heated hose.

I'm thinking with the short hose on the Brevida (since it has a swivel at the mask that will move upward) this should also work. Would you agree? And I'm assuming that there is room under the nose for me to continue to use tape for my mouth, which is essential for me.

What I'm looking for is a comfortable "pillow" mask that will withstand my constant moving from side to side. I am unable to use my P10 because, with my side-to-side activity it gets knocked out of place and I have too many mask leaks with it. -- From what I'm reading, it sounds like the Brevida might withstand my constant side-side turning . . .

I like my Zest Nasal mask, but I'd also like to find a stable pillow mask that works well for active side-sleepers.

JoyD.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
JoyD.  -  I have used the Brevida with a hose hanger without encountering any interference problems.  Here is the latest hanger style I'm using.

[Image: 61uQLoV5s2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082SDGP7N?psc=1

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a point.
Most of the time (95%) when I turn from one side to the other, the hose pass over my head and fall on the other side without needing to touch it.

Yes depending the lenght, sometime the hose touch the side or near the top of, so I have to replace it.

But the advantages of the Brevida and the comfort and stable positionning of the marched Evora headgear is SO NICE... that the "hose" is not an issue for me.
Another advantage is that the "adaptor wings" where the ends of the Evora headgear are attached to prevent the "wraped insulation fabric" from touching the cheeks.

Personnaly I am addited to...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Brevida (leaks)
Hi!

I recently tried the Brevida mask and LOVE it...so comfortable and totally quiet (no inspiration sound). I have been using the P10 but it is causing nose bleeds during the night (small bleeds but enough to cause congestion) even though my humidity and other settings seem right on. I also find that the inspiration noise with the P10 to wake me up and keep me awake...sometimes I can get the noise lower but other times not. I think it might be connected to the bleeding/congestion even though I seem to be breathing nasally fine. Also, with tape (which eventually I want to stop using), I can get the leak rate largely down to 0 with the P10 but not with the Brevida. In any event, the Brevida is a better experience for me but the leak rate is a problem. I've tried both the XS/M and M/L sizes, with and without tape (also with and without a collar and a chin strap), and the leak rate is roughly the same...a base of around 3.6 or 7.2 L/min with regular excursions up to 18 L/min or so, generally not going above the 24 L/min LL threshold. Never 0. My AHI and associated stats don't seem to be responding to the pressure changes much but I'm not certain as with the P10 leaks definitely affect my breathing, events and heartrate. 

I really want to switch to the Brevida but I don't think I can unless I can control the leaks. I truly cannot feel any air escaping when I do a fit test but with movement there might be some air escaping under the nose or a bit above. I never thought that my nose anatomy was particularly unusual but maybe it is. I have thought that maybe the base leakage is coming from one of the two swivels, which would be meaningless, but I can't feel anything at the swivels either.

Any suggestions? Would a liner help?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.