Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask for side sleepers
RE: Mask for side sleepers
+1 for the P10

Side to side sleeper with face smashed into pillow. No leaking issue at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
F10 or Simplus
Could not get either mask to seal correctly.
F10 was more comfortable
Simplus sealed better but has the VERY annoying forehead brace.

Recently just got the F&P Brevida and a chinstrap
Occasionally get large leak spikes but I suspect its from open mouth
Very comfortable, some dry nose issues

I sleep on my side and learning to sleep on my back (was a side/stomach sleeper)
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I am a new user of CPAP I was given the chance to test 3 different nasal masks before I made my final decision. 

PR Pico was OK but had a few leaks. Still very lightweight and easy to use during the night. Pretty noisy though and windy. Lots of air sprayed right infront. 

Resmed Mirage FX was the second one I tested. Never fitted corectly. No matter how light or hursh strapping I tried, the mask was leaking air. Plus it needed readjustment lots of times every night. It was loosing its position. 

F&K Eson was my final choice. Very comfortable, no leaks, extremely quiet and excellent ventilation. It never loses its position no matter how I'm sleeping: sideways or on my back. I believe this is due to its ball joined hose connector: it allows the hose to swivel 360 degrees. In my opinion the best mask for any kind of sleeping. 

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep mostly on my side.  I have tried a few masks recently and I found the Simplus and the Amara View to be very comfortable for side sleeping.  Unfortunately I was unable to continue with either mask.  I hated the forehead bar on the Simplus and the Amara View bothered my sinuses.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm an every-way-but-stomach sleeper, and the ResMed F20 has been great for me. Deets: oval face shape, high nose bridge, mouth breather (due to chronic nasal/sinus congestion).
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side-sleeper too. I use a Simplus full-face mask by Fisher And Paykel along with a CPAP pillow and have no issues with leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 413 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 629 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.