Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P ESON & Other Newbee questions
F&P ESON & Other Newbee questions
I am still a relatively new CPAP machine user (ResMed S9 & H5i). After trying 4 different types of full face mask and not having success, I am now using a F&P Eson nasal mask and it seems to be working for me. With the full face - I never got past 1.5 hours. But with the nasal Eson mask I am getting 6-8 hours for the last 8 days. So this leads me to a few questions:
- with the Eson, I now have a minor abrasion on the bridge of my nose. Not sure why this is happening. Is this normal? How can I prevent it?
- Now that I am making it through the night with the CPAP, should I notice a marked difference in how good I feel waking up? So far I have not?
- If I download the ResMed software, can I see the same data that my Doctor and appliance/clinician store sees?

thanks
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P ESON & Other Newbee questions
(12-01-2014, 12:59 PM)paulsav Wrote: - If I download the ResMed software, can I see the same data that my Doctor and appliance/clinician store sees?

thanks
Paul
Yes and maybe more. The store objective is to get paid and your usage hours meet insurance requirement. If the doctor is like mine, he make a quick judgement call based on the numbers, but I know numbers does not always tally with how I feel

Have you been checking the long version of the sleep report on the screen (press and hold the two silver buttons for 3 sec)
AHI, AI, central AI, pressure, leak (providing "Sleep Quality" set to "ON" in the clinical menu - if set to "Usage", you need to change it to "ON")

ResScan windows only and SleepyHead works with windows and Mac

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 12:59 PM)paulsav Wrote: I am still a relatively new CPAP machine user (ResMed S9 & H5i). After trying 4 different types of full face mask and not having success, I am now using a F&P Eson nasal mask and it seems to be working for me. With the full face - I never got past 1.5 hours. But with the nasal Eson mask I am getting 6-8 hours for the last 8 days. So this leads me to a few questions:
- with the Eson, I now have a minor abrasion on the bridge of my nose. Not sure why this is happening. Is this normal? How can I prevent it?
- Now that I am making it through the night with the CPAP, should I notice a marked difference in how good I feel waking up? So far I have not?
- If I download the ResMed software, can I see the same data that my Doctor and appliance/clinician store sees?

thanks
Paul

To the mask question. I was just changed to Simplus the FF version of the Eson.

You are probably adjusting the top straps to tight. That little ridge in the cushion on top is very flexible and doesnt need much pressure to seal it off as it will flex back and forth quite a bit.

The top of my Simplus mask does not even touch my forehead yet the cushion flexes enough at the top to maintain a seal on my nose bridge.

Try loosening the top straps a bit and let that roll on the cushion do its thing Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I have not been checking "long version" didn't know about that. I do see AHI, AI central AI, pressure-- have no idea what those numbers mean? Sleep Quality is set to USAGE. How do I change it to ON ??

If one downloads the Software on to a Windows PC, then what ? MY machine has a modem plugged into what looks like a SD card slot. How do I get the data from the S9 to my PC ?

Thanks for your help
Paul

(12-01-2014, 02:57 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 12:59 PM)paulsav Wrote: - If I download the ResMed software, can I see the same data that my Doctor and appliance/clinician store sees?

thanks
Paul
Yes and maybe more. The store objective is to get paid and your usage hours meet insurance requirement. If the doctor is like mine, he make a quick judgement call based on the numbers, but I know numbers does not always tally with how I feel

Have you been checking the long version of the sleep report on the screen (press and hold the two silver buttons for 3 sec)
AHI, AI, central AI, pressure, leak (providing "Sleep Quality" set to "ON" in the clinical menu - if set to "Usage", you need to change it to "ON")

ResScan windows only and SleepyHead works with windows and Mac

Post Reply Post Reply
paulsav,

Have you had any response to your question about the SD slot and/or modem slot?

Since your info states the pressure is 10 Fixed may I assume you have a straight CPAP (one setting at a time) machine not a APAP (adjusts as needed by a person's breathing).

Is it the S9 Escape? If so, it might not have the capabilities you are hoping to have and use.

The Supplier #1 on the supplier list has a great article on ResMed S9 line. Go to any ResMed S9 CPAP/APAP, scroll down and click on the highlighted part of: "View our CPAP Newsletter CPAP Newsletter: Understanding the S9 Line to see a detailed comparison of S9 Machines."

This may help with the questions you have on the settings available to you.

I will try to PM you a chart from the Supplier #1 that compares the three S9's that I think you may be using.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 03:03 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 12:59 PM)paulsav Wrote: I am still a relatively new CPAP machine user (ResMed S9 & H5i). After trying 4 different types of full face mask and not having success, I am now using a F&P Eson nasal mask and it seems to be working for me. With the full face - I never got past 1.5 hours. But with the nasal Eson mask I am getting 6-8 hours for the last 8 days. So this leads me to a few questions:

thanks
Paul

To the mask question. I was just changed to Simplus the FF version of the Eson.

You are probably adjusting the top straps to tight. That little ridge in the cushion on top is very flexible and doesnt need much pressure to seal it off as it will flex back and forth quite a bit.

The top of my Simplus mask does not even touch my forehead yet the cushion flexes enough at the top to maintain a seal on my nose bridge.

Try loosening the top straps a bit and let that roll on the cushion do its thing Sleep-well
Agreed, I use the nasal Eson and love it. As Ghost says the top of the mask frame does not touch my forehead. You can try adjusting the strap that goes across the top of your head too, make it a little tighter and it will lift up the entire headgear also moving the forehead frame away from your forehead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2014, 03:03 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: To the mask question. I was just changed to Simplus the FF version of the Eson.

i agree about your nose, you probably have the straps too tight. The firm mark of the silicon across the bridge of your nose should not make contact. Its a fairly loose fitting mask. I realize this after i adjusted my mask to tightly and realized my nose became sore.

it helped me to adjust the mask in the mirror to make sure the straps around your forehead are fairly level to the floor. Having the headgear on too much of an angle causes pressure on the bridge of my nose as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2014, 03:40 PM)Amie87 Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 03:03 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: To the mask question. I was just changed to Simplus the FF version of the Eson.

i agree about your nose, you probably have the straps too tight. The firm mark of the silicon across the bridge of your nose should not make contact. Its a fairly loose fitting mask. I realize this after i adjusted my mask to tightly and realized my nose became sore.

it helped me to adjust the mask in the mirror to make sure the straps around your forehead are fairly level to the floor. Having the headgear on too much of an angle causes pressure on the bridge of my nose as well.
I agree, If you have the right size mask it's all about how tight your wearing it , I still can get a little sore under my nose if I'm wearing it too tight on the bottom straps. Once you get that mastered it's nothing but smooth sleeping Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep ive been using the Eson now for a while and it fits even looser than Simplus which was a loose fitting mask. About the best way to get the Eson to leak is tighten if very much at all. The thing just sort of sits there loose and when pressure hits it it just seals off. On me that is over a mustache as well.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wish to see what the doctor sees. I already know about sleepyhead, but want to see the same report as the doctor. Thanks for any information.ken
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 152 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 261 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,594 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.