Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P ICON Auto CPAP home download of sleep data
F&P ICON Auto CPAP home download of sleep data
I've just bought a Fisher & Paykel ICON auto CPAP, and I want to be able to download the sleep data on the USB chip onto my home computer, as I did with the ResMed CPAP I have been using to date. F&P only tell you how to send it to your medico, but i have never done that and don't want to.

Can anyone tell me how to do that, and where to get a program for the computer to record it. (I have one for the ResMed, but it won't work for this one)

Thanks if anyone can help'

Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P ICON Auto CPAP home download of sleep data
Hi Ron and welcome - There,re some info about InfoSmart and SmartStick (Private Files and Links)
There are not many Icon users and for this reason the S9 and PRS1 are more popular. In Aus you can buy it from Supplier #13, not sure if joining vigor8 program any help
http://www.vigor8.com/icon-auto.html

JediMark was working on the Icon on one stage, you can try SleepyHead see if you can get some data
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-JediMark
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, InfoSmart is the main choice here... Sleepyhead does not yet support the Icon (at least on PC) although the support is coming soon and large parts of it are already stubbed into the source code.

Buying InfoSmart seems to be hit-and-miss... if you search here you will stories of some folks being able to purchase it from their CPAP supplier whereas others were not.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2012, 03:30 PM)Vince Waldon Wrote: Yup, InfoSmart is the main choice here... Sleepyhead does not yet support the Icon (at least on PC) although the support is coming soon and large parts of it are already stubbed into the source code.

Buying InfoSmart seems to be hit-and-miss... if you search here you will stories of some folks being able to purchase it from their CPAP supplier whereas others were not.

I got the software from the supplier of the machine, it cost $40, I did have to get a letter from my GP before they wouild sell it to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, $40 seems to be the going price from the people who were able to obtain it.

Unfortunately I'm in the "was not able obtain it" camp...my F&P Icon supplier told me it has "not been released to the public yet". Might be a Canada thing...healthcare regulations vary. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2012, 07:24 PM)Vince Waldon Wrote: Yup, $40 seems to be the going price from the people who were able to obtain it.

Unfortunately I'm in the "was not able obtain it" camp...my F&P Icon supplier told me it has "not been released to the public yet". Might be a Canada thing...healthcare regulations vary. :-)

Hi Vince,

I've sent you a PM in regards to the software

Cheers

Rodders Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Rodders,
Can you tell me hook to get it. Isn't it run on own computer alone not need server ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2012, 05:24 AM)billhk22 Wrote: Rodders,
Can you tell me hook to get it. Isn't it run on own computer alone not need server ?

while installing the software you need to setup a database. I went with the default install and it seems to work ok. I also have a standalone pc and didn't need a server to run it
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2012, 05:24 AM)billhk22 Wrote: Rodders,

I called the 800 number for F&P and they remoted in to my computer to set it up. All you need is a PC, no network. Like others in this thread my doc and the tech did not support this and did it on my own. I'm very happy with my decision and can't wait to have a KNOWLEDGEABLE discussion with my doc. If you are on a CPAP program that is working well then the daily feedback from the software is probably less valuable. I'm trying new masks, pillows etc and find the daily feedback very helpful.

The reason for my original post was to lay it out for someone interested in this since it took me a while to figure it out on my own
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably just my stupid old paranoid personality, but I'm always hesitant for anyone to remotely access my PC for any reason. Thinking-about

It gave me the heebie jeebies to read about Bobo's experience in that other thread where the tech took 2 hours to install and configure the software during the remote access session. Jiminy!!? Two hours??... he could have downloaded all Bobo's important files and personal information in that amount of time with no problem. Shock Unless Bobo sat there staring at his monitor for the entire 2 hour period and watched each and every step the tech did with complete understanding of each step, having never walked away from the computer for even one break.... that would be an unnecessary risk for me personally. Unsure

But your mileage may vary, of course. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 115 1 hour ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,930 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.