Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rise in CA events and CSR
RE: Rise in CA events and CSR
A misread Dave
AHI is just a little over CAI so nearly all Central.
This goes along with a period of significantly reduced Centrals with an APAP as evidence by the OSCAR charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2024, 07:46 PM)Gideon Wrote: Your thoughts?

I think I just learned more about my own sleep issues over the span of 5 minutes than I have in 18 months of the traditional route.

It looks like the ResMed VAuto is a bilevel device. Does it have both a Trigger and a Backup Rate setting? So I can try one and then the other without needing a new machine?

What do people generally recommend for updating prescriptions like this? I would rather avoid taking time off work for a full overnight sleep study if there is some simpler solution. Are there doctors, online or in person, that can prescribe a VAuto with OSCAR data?

Thank you thank you thank you all
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok copy. Not my call, but maybe VAuto trigger would do the trick. Otherwise an ASV.

FWIW the mostly Central and being in the diagnosis has ASV as an option IMO. Required? Not certain.

The VAuto is bilevel with trigger, no backup rate. The ASV has auto backup rate which is what helps with CA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS, how to get to something else?

You can use the PSG sleep study report as ammo. Also complain about untreated feel and symptoms.

They may suggest a titration with BPAP and maybe ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,341 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 216 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 155 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,556 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 380 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.