Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P ICON auto is dead
Check with your insurance company. True, they normally want 5 years before they consider replacement, but if your is legitimately dead, and you work through a DME they recognize, then it may work. Worth a try.

On the other hand the Phillips Respironics 60 series are insanely cheap right now - full up 560 Auto units for just under $400 US.

OMMOHY
Definitely check with Insurance. Also Check warranty.... My Insurance policy will buy a new CPAP whenever medically indicated, whatever that means... I don't think the rules are hard and fast unless you are under medicare, and even then there are probably ways around (such as making a case for a bipap or whatever applies). YMMV.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
(10-30-2015, 02:04 AM)Letsgomom Wrote: My icon auto is dead. Does nothing when plugged into the wall outlet. Its definitely not the power source. Its not yet 3 years old. Any advice? I doubt my ins company is going to pay for a new cpap. Would love to get it fixed.
I've gone back to using my previous cpap, a ResmedMasterPro M Series, which is noisey, and for some reason causes me to sleep with my mouth open and mouth gets dry. I'm desperate.
Thanks for any ideas.

I had the same problem, same circumstances. This machine does not travel well, especially when you have to drag it out for TSA. Here's what happened and how I fixed it, it may work for you. I happened to put the machine in the travel case with the control panel facing the end of the travel bag instead of the middle. The travel bag must have received a mechanical shock during baggage handling, and the adjustment ring around the on/off button got jammed in. There was no visible evidence of this condition. In the hotel room, I decided to try the old TV repairman trick of smacking the side of the chassis to see if there is a loose connection. The display flickered on and off quickly! I then focused in on the power button and found that the adjustment ring was slightly pushed in, and pulled it out. I then tried the power button, and nothing. Somehow I got the idea that the POS might need a cold boot, so I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in. It now turned on with the power button, and has been working ever since. Good luck!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Icon and Sleepy Head issue remltr 5 193 01-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: remltr
  Icon+ Won't Write to USB Arend 2 255 11-05-2016, 02:32 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Icon Premo not recording data Veracityau 3 227 10-26-2016, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Veracityau
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 1,158 10-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
  Pleas help does anyone use a F&P Icon 0rangebear 3 519 09-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
Ohmy Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto sleepyonpar1 6 801 08-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Dreamstation auto or Resmed S9 auto? Ockrocket 13 965 08-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Last Post: stephennic