F&P ICON auto is dead
OMyMyOHellYes Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics 560 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One (no heated hose)
CPAP Pressure: 08.0-15.0 cm/H2O
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: F&P ICON auto is dead
Check with your insurance company. True, they normally want 5 years before they consider replacement, but if your is legitimately dead, and you work through a DME they recognize, then it may work. Worth a try.

On the other hand the Phillips Respironics 60 series are insanely cheap right now - full up 560 Auto units for just under $400 US.

OMMOHY
01-06-2016 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

Definitely check with Insurance. Also Check warranty.... My Insurance policy will buy a new CPAP whenever medically indicated, whatever that means... I don't think the rules are hard and fast unless you are under medicare, and even then there are probably ways around (such as making a case for a bipap or whatever applies). YMMV.

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
01-07-2016 12:01 PM
SWAMI Offline

New Members

Machine: FISHER-PAYKEL
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: INTEGRATED
CPAP Pressure: AUTO 4-15
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
(10-30-2015 02:04 AM)Letsgomom Wrote:  My icon auto is dead. Does nothing when plugged into the wall outlet. Its definitely not the power source. Its not yet 3 years old. Any advice? I doubt my ins company is going to pay for a new cpap. Would love to get it fixed.
I've gone back to using my previous cpap, a ResmedMasterPro M Series, which is noisey, and for some reason causes me to sleep with my mouth open and mouth gets dry. I'm desperate.
Thanks for any ideas.

I had the same problem, same circumstances. This machine does not travel well, especially when you have to drag it out for TSA. Here's what happened and how I fixed it, it may work for you. I happened to put the machine in the travel case with the control panel facing the end of the travel bag instead of the middle. The travel bag must have received a mechanical shock during baggage handling, and the adjustment ring around the on/off button got jammed in. There was no visible evidence of this condition. In the hotel room, I decided to try the old TV repairman trick of smacking the side of the chassis to see if there is a loose connection. The display flickered on and off quickly! I then focused in on the power button and found that the adjustment ring was slightly pushed in, and pulled it out. I then tried the power button, and nothing. Somehow I got the idea that the POS might need a cold boot, so I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in. It now turned on with the power button, and has been working ever since. Good luck!!
01-13-2016 08:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Icon+ Won't Write to USB Arend 2 185 11-05-2016 02:32 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Icon Premo not recording data Veracityau 3 175 10-26-2016 10:12 PM
Last Post: Veracityau
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 841 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
  Pleas help does anyone use a F&P Icon 0rangebear 3 417 09-05-2016 06:12 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
Ohmy Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto sleepyonpar1 6 716 08-11-2016 09:10 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Dreamstation auto or Resmed S9 auto? Ockrocket 13 810 08-04-2016 11:09 PM
Last Post: stephennic
  ResMed 10 Autoset v F&P Icon davidb01 5 753 05-06-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post: zonk