Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P ICON auto is dead
Sad 
F&P ICON auto is dead
My icon auto is dead. Does nothing when plugged into the wall outlet. Its definitely not the power source. Its not yet 3 years old. Any advice? I doubt my ins company is going to pay for a new cpap. Would love to get it fixed.
I've gone back to using my previous cpap, a ResmedMasterPro M Series, which is noisey, and for some reason causes me to sleep with my mouth open and mouth gets dry. I'm desperate.
Thanks for any ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P ICON auto is dead
Hi Letsgomom
Did any water get into the machine?
There is "Fisher & Paykel ICON Technical Manual" in "Private Files and Links"

Talk to CPAP repairs suppliers #27 or #28, they might gives an idea if worth fixing or getting a new machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Supplier #2 is good source for new and used machines

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Letsgomom and welcome to Apnea Board!

Hope you get your machine fixed at a reasonable rate. Keep us posted!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Letsgomom,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m sorry to hear your machine isn’t working. You could take a look at the suppliers list here on this board, (at the top of each page,) and look at Supplier #2;. They have good deals on either gently used or open-box machines that are new or almost new.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and good luck to you on your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone, for your moral support and good references. I also requested and received the manuals for my old machine and newer broken one.
The machine did not get water in it. I was, inconveniently enough, at a hotel- so it had been moved. But was packed in its padded case which in turn was packed inside my suitcase. I've been packing it this way for many trips with no problems. The good thing was I was not that far from home, so simply went home, found my old machine and got to bed by 3a. I cannot sleep without it, even a nap.
I can see I have my work cut out for me. Off to make some phone calls. And see if I can figure out how to change some settings on my old machine so I can better tolerate using it until I decide how to procede.As you all know, sleep deprivation makes it all that much harder to think through a problem. Sigh.
I'd love to get my hands on a schematic for the icon auto, but no luck with that.
For the record, I absolutely love using the icon plus. Its very quite, compact, and easy to use. Until it was DOA at the hotel last week, it worked perfectly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2015, 02:04 AM)Letsgomom Wrote: My icon auto is dead. Does nothing when plugged into the wall outlet. Its definitely not the power source. Its not yet 3 years old. Any advice? I doubt my ins company is going to pay for a new cpap. Would love to get it fixed.
I've gone back to using my previous cpap, a ResmedMasterPro M Series, which is noisey, and for some reason causes me to sleep with my mouth open and mouth gets dry. I'm desperate.
Thanks for any ideas.

At less than three years of age your machine might be covered by the merchantable quality provisions of your local / state / federal consumer protection laws, depending on where you live. eg Under the Australian Consumer Law goods must be repaired, replaced or refunded if they suffer a major failure in a reasonable time after purchase, regardless of how long the warranty period is. The reasonable time is defined rather loosely according to the life that may be expected of a similar product under particular conditions of use.

For a device like a CPAP machine, the expected life would be well in excess of three years, given the expense of the machine and the benign circumstances under which it is used.

Your backup machine - "ResmedMasterPro M Series" is actually (I think) a Respironics machine, not Resmed. You can find the setting instructions and request a manual here: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual Be sure to specify the exact model when requesting the manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2015, 02:04 AM)Letsgomom Wrote: My icon auto is dead. Does nothing when plugged into the wall outlet. Its definitely not the power source. Its not yet 3 years old. Any advice? I doubt my ins company is going to pay for a new cpap. Would love to get it fixed.
Thanks for any ideas.

My S9 also went dead in a hotel - this is prevalent in Europe but I have talked to people that had it happen in the U.S. - some sort of power surge or something. In my case it was the "brick" power supply that went dead and I was able to purchase a new cord/"brick" and it worked again. Don't know about the power cord/supply to the Icon. Just interesting that it was in a hotel-sounds a lot like a power "hit" got it. I started taking a surge protector on trips to try and help with at least the small power surges. Seems like CPAPs are quite sensitive to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Icon died the same time your did. I came home, it was sitting in the same spot, no changes, and no power at all. It is about the same age as well.
The only thing I can think is the humidity was extremely high that day and my windows were open. I too have a crappy backup machine.
It has done this a couple of times before but has always come back up within a few hours. It's been a week now.
Maybe they just don't like Texas?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your input, sandyannn. I have been too busy to investigate repair or replacement yet, though my old machine just isnt as effective. I will post when I have news.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is plugged into a plug in surge protector to protect it, investing in one of those and using at home and when travelling is good insurance to protect your valuable CPAP machine, power surges destroy things, also where possible during a thunderstorm it should be unplugged from the mains like a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 634 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Lots of sleep but still dead tired Markus11 23 2,026 11-11-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Markus11
  Should I be dead? Snot Rocket 12 1,174 11-07-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Dread
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 938 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,654 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 626 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Is this Dreamstation 2 humidifer dead? Lucky7 2 434 09-11-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.