Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P - ICON - for a newbie
RE: F&P - ICON - for a newbie
(06-02-2015, 07:29 AM)zonk Wrote: Which Icon?
The newish Icon is Icon +
Yes, sorry the +. I have figured out how to get into the menus from using Google.

(06-02-2015, 07:29 AM)zonk Wrote: The combined clinical manual (Auto, Premo, Novo) is available via Email, but make sure to ask for the right one
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

That page says you can only request 2 or be ignored. Well .. as I was expecting to get a resmed unit, I had already requested both the S9 and A10 newer model clinical manuals. thus I am 2/2 requests and assume I wont be emailed any more.

Thanks - Will persist with Google and testing the machine and also the USB data stick over the next day or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2015, 07:39 AM)DruiD Wrote: That page says you can only request 2 or be ignored. Well .. as I was expecting to get a resmed unit, I had already requested both the S9 and A10 newer model clinical manuals. thus I am 2/2 requests and assume I wont be emailed any more.

Thanks - Will persist with Google and testing the machine and also the USB data stick over the next day or so.
Talk your problem to our friend SuperSleeper over a nice cup of coffee, he is a softie

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok - Sleephead Data for Day 1 & 2.
Some things to consider in reviewing the data and giving me feedback
- My study recorded 119/Hr - Severe OSA...(is that AHI?)
- After 1am is my current sleep start time, 7 am approx is my wake time
- Still Getting up 3 \ 4 am still and adjusting mask, bathroom visits etc (big leaks)
- Day 1 had a earlier trial mask fit\setup around 10:30 - so skewed data a bit - ignore that.

Day 1
[attachment=1512]

Day 2
[attachment=1511]
Post Reply Post Reply
Reposting Broken attachments

Day 1
[attachment=1513]

Day 2
[attachment=1514]
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2015, 04:50 AM)DruiD Wrote: its supposed special "sense awake" technology doesnt seem that good - but- as its a rental, all settings are turned off\ down and it also doesn't seem tbe recording any data or showing pressure and flow in what sleep menus I can access.

Ps. Rental is a Icon Premo CPAP not the Icon Auto or anything.

The F&P site says the Premo has Sensawake but I bet your DME didn't turn it on.

I have the Auto set up as a CPAP rather than APAP and used it successfully for the first time last night. Today I followed the instructions on the CPAP manuals page on this site and successfully accessed the clinician menu on the Icon itself. I changed my Mode from 1 to 2 so I could access additional features, such as the alarm clock and more detailed data. I found that the DME had not enabled Sensawake. I plan to make one change at a time, so tomorrow I will access the clinician menu again and turn Sensawake on to see how I like it.

So my point is that you don't need the manual in order to access the clinician menu on the Icon. FWIW, I am buying my Icon Auto on a 12-month rent-to-own contract that I can terminate at any time. Apparently, if my healthcare provider doesn't see that I'm compliant after three months they'll take it away from me.

I essentially demanded the Icon Auto for two reasons: it has a larger humidifier capacity than the ResMed and I knew that I would want to try out the Auto feature even if the prescription said otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks yes, I actually found the way to access the settings via Google - I wanted the manual for completeness and to understand the menu options and feedback more so.

I had a great sleep equipment consultant, explaining the machine, she also recommended going against the scripted nasal pillows after trialing masks and seeing that the large pressure is just pushing the nasal pillow masks out \ ineffective.
Yes- also fully explained Sense-Awake to me and turned it on (as in my data screenshows). Its the delay it takes to build up to full pressure, its FIXED in both % of full pressure and duration (20mins) in the F&P - so finding it takes too long to ramp up. I will also do the same and turn sens-awake OFF - but I wanted to give it a few days to settle into the mask.

I am basically taking a deep breath - then turning on full pressure without ramp etc (but sense-awake on). It takes a moment to get used to .. but far better than feeling suffocated for 20 mins until it reaches full speed.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day DruiD, what part of Oz are you in?

Re the manual, send a PM to SuperSleeper and ask if you can request an additional one. He's got quite a lot on his plate at the moment so it might take a while for him to get back to you.

Your charts show that the machine is hitting a ceiling at 17 cm and wants to go higher. This is a pretty high pressure but I would suggest you bump up your maximum a bit and see how it goes. You might find another centimetre or so will take care of those remaining apneas and flow limitations and get you a better result overall.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help, I've got the clinical setting guides now .. all good. Thanks Deep.
Yeah - apparently yeah my OSA its pretty severe and untreated for a long time, titration was 17 but yeah - also recommended a review in 6 weeks (thus I rented a machine in case have to go to BiPAP or something different)
Post Reply Post Reply
My conversation with a fella who owns a store indicated to me that he prefers to sell the F&P products because they give him a better wholesale deal and he can mark them up more. He made it clear that it was about price, that part is for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 10:49 PM)DruiD Wrote: I am basically taking a deep breath - then turning on full pressure without ramp etc (but sense-awake on). It takes a moment to get used to .. but far better than feeling suffocated for 20 mins until it reaches full speed.

I haven't tried SensAwake yet, but in my two nights of use I have not used the ramping feature because the sensation of being air-deprived is so uncomfortable.

What did the DME tell you about SensAwake? I was thinking about trying it tonight (my third night) to see what I think about it. Does SensAwake ramp up slowly so you feel suffocated?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 132 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 191 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 297 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.