Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Icon question
F&P Icon question
Ok i got the icon, is it suppose to stay warm all the time?? I know for a while it was staying warm all the time when machine was off. I just noticed its not warm when machine is off no more. But the humidfier does get warm/hot when its on.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Icon question
I don,t use the Icon but others said they unplug the machine so the humidifier does not stay warm
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, as long as the unit is plugged into power the humidifier keeps the water warm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2013, 10:25 PM)Vince Waldon Wrote: Yes, as long as the unit is plugged into power the humidifier keeps the water warm.

Wow, that almost seems like a fire risk. I'm surprised that they designed it to keep the heater on, even when the machine is turned off. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2013, 10:46 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 10:25 PM)Vince Waldon Wrote: Yes, as long as the unit is plugged into power the humidifier keeps the water warm.

Wow, that almost seems like a fire risk. I'm surprised that they designed it to keep the heater on, even when the machine is turned off. Thinking-about

It's just slightly warm (should measure it some day...but not even lukewarm) and it means the unit is ready to go as soon as you turn it on to go to sleep... no blast of cold air in your face until the humidifier heats up. :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
My asthma is triggered by cold air (and other things). But I have never had a problem nor really notice a difference in air temperature from when I first lay down to any time I wake up in the middle of the night. And we have a cold bedroom so I would think I would notice.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2013, 10:56 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: My asthma is triggered by cold air (and other things). But I have never had a problem nor really notice a difference in air temperature from when I first lay down to any time I wake up in the middle of the night. And we have a cold bedroom so I would think I would notice.

Said what I said because I can absolutely tell the difference... when I've forgotten to top it up in the morning and so have to fill it just before using it. :-)

In any event... it's how the unit works. It's been fully tested and approved by numerous biomedical testing agencies...and the 10 or 20 watt heater in the base of the unit running all the time causes me no concern at all. My laptop charging all the time is at least as big a heat source. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2013, 10:46 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

Normally I remove the water tank in the morning, empty, wash and dry ... ready for next sleep

I think prefer S9 warming-up and cooling-down features

Warm-up feature allows to pre-heat the water before starting treatment so the air does not feel cold

Cooling down feature assist the heater plate in cooling as the machine continue to blow air gently after treatment stopped
You can also unplug the machine or power down and allow the heater plate to cool without air flow

Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome to see all the response. Its not real warm, you can barley even tell.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it been almost a week. But like now the heat plate is cold. Weird. Some days it be warm and some days it be cold.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,423 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 930 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,651 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 385 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 631 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] F & P ICON removing re-inserting hose elbow gofinn 3 1,373 07-16-2020, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Icon Premo not recording data Veracityau 4 1,805 12-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: jonnycashsystem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.