Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P InfoSmart Software Report Format Errors
F&P InfoSmart Software Report Format Errors
As a longtime CPAP user, I am very happy to now be using the F&P Icon with the InfoSmart software to keep me in the data loop. (Especially gratifying because I am an engineer.) Anyway, I have noticed that the .pdf formatted report that InfoSmart generates contains formatting errors, and I am hoping somebody on this forum knows how to remedy these. The report is 15 pages long: 4 pages at the front, 4 pages at the back, and 7 pages in the middle showing detailed info and graphs for each of the 7 days preceding the data download. The right hand column of these 7 "daily" pages includes summaries and relevant points from the graphs to the left. Unfortunately, this text is poorly formatted, which directly affects the readability of these items. I am attaching an example of how this data is formatted.

It is clear to me that something in Crystal Reports is not set correctly, but if this text were smaller, or the margins set differently, then all would be well. Can anybody suggest a fix for this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P InfoSmart Software Report Format Errors
Hi JRBWallace,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps we could contact F&P directly about this? Does anybody know if F&P is willing to support their software for users that are not using it as they intend it to be used (patient instead of doctor)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2013, 09:47 AM)JRBWallace Wrote: Perhaps we could contact F&P directly about this? Does anybody know if F&P is willing to support their software for users that are not using it as they intend it to be used (patient instead of doctor)?

I can't say for sure but I would think they would not be willing to help a patient with their software issues.....liability would be one of several reasons I would think. Just my thought on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also use SleepyHead, Here is what "jedimark" the author of SleepyHead said on Oct 15, 2013:

I spent some time working in the gizzards of the Fisher & Paykel ICON importer in SleepyHead today, and I'm glad to report I finally cracked the Flow Waveform issue, meaning in theory, this loader is pretty much complete. Big Grin

Anyone who's building SleepyHead from source can play with it already, the rest of you will have to wait for the next upcoming build, which is coming real soon!

There is only a couple of annoying limitations with this machine

1) it only keeps 7 sessions worth of flow data on it's USB stick so you have to import fairly regularly if you like to hoard flow data. ResMed users face a similar annoyance.. I will work on an automatic backup solution like is done for ResMed users later on.

2) the events flagged by the machine are only accurate to 2 minute intervals, meaning the flags won't overlay attractively over the flow graph. The good news is they are still close enough to the actual event to help you find it though.

As always, there will be bugs I haven't found yet. I'd really like this given a thorough test before the next official build comes out so I can squish any nasties I've missed.

/Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings all, this is my first posting on this forum. I've been on CPAP for a bit over 7 years. I recently had another sleep lab test on the request of my cardiologist and did not sleep a wink, so the sleep Doc could not write a prescription. He told me to contact him in 6 months to discuss possible options if there is any new evidence of OSA.

Therefore, I could not get a new machine that I know I need. I'll address that situation in another post. (my InfoSmart reports seem to back me up)

Long story short, as they say, I now have a F&P Icon Auto that I bought off of Ebay for $300 (only 36 total run hours!). I also got a copy of InfoSmart, and have the exact same format problem that JRBWallace has reported.

I'm guessing a solution was not found since none was posted in this thread. I decided to post my reply to let the OP know that he is not the only person that has experienced this problem. If I get lucky and find a solution, I will post it here....

I appreciate the info that SleepyHead will now work with the Icon, but I really would like to see this InforSmart problem resolved. I like the machine, and I like the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 10:41 PM)GRak Wrote: Greetings all, this is my first posting on this forum. I've been on CPAP for a bit over 7 years. I recently had another sleep lab test on the request of my cardiologist and did not sleep a wink, so the sleep Doc could not write a prescription. He told me to contact him in 6 months to discuss possible options if there is any new evidence of OSA.

Therefore, I could not get a new machine that I know I need. I'll address that situation in another post. (my InfoSmart reports seem to back me up)

Long story short, as they say, I now have a F&P Icon Auto that I bought off of Ebay for $300 (only 36 total run hours!). I also got a copy of InfoSmart, and have the exact same format problem that JRBWallace has reported.

I'm guessing a solution was not found since none was posted in this thread. I decided to post my reply to let the OP know that he is not the only person that has experienced this problem. If I get lucky and find a solution, I will post it here....

I appreciate the info that SleepyHead will now work with the Icon, but I really would like to see this InforSmart problem resolved. I like the machine, and I like the software.

Hmm, I wonder if you could open the PDF using OpenOffice Writer and adjust the margins / font size that way?

OpenOffice / LibreOffice is a free download.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GRak, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you gents tried installing the Service Pack?

https://software.fphcare.com/Download/De...dee35baebb

I suspect they have way bigger fish to fry, but you never know, maybe they fixed it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2014, 11:35 PM)Vince Waldon Wrote: Have you gents tried installing the Service Pack?

Thanks for the suggestion, but alas, I have installed SP2 - "No Joy".

I will say that I can still read the data through the overlaps, it's just a bit annoying, but I can live with it until they fix it.

One always hopes that a search for a solution will result in a finding of "Hey, no problem, easy fix just do this...."

'tis a rare event indeed to find a resolution that easily.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 234 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.