soferet Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX for Her - size XS
Humidifier: Fisher & Paykel Icon built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-17cmH2O
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: Using F&P InfoSmart software. Mixed apnea (OSA/CSA) & severe hypopnea, dx'd February 2012

Sex: Female

F&P InfoSmart and Windows 8
I've been happily using the F&P InfoSmart software to generate weekly reports for well over a year. My sleep doc gave me a gold star when I brought a printout rather than having to lug my Icon into the office (though I brought the USB stick just in case they needed to pull info off of it).

And then this month, I went and bought a new computer (with a working space key) and now I cannot get the software to work. It installed correctly, as far as I can tell. But when I follow the setup guide instructions (on the CD I purchased), or try to do anything else, I get a window that pops up and says:

"Possible Tampering Detected. This software is encrypted to provide copy protection. Certain virus scanning programs may prevent the software from starting due to their heuristic analysis. Please add this software to the white-list of the anti-virus program and restart. Contact the software publisher for additional information and compatibility."

I've turned off anti-virus (temporarily). I've turned off the firewall (temporarily). I've run as administrator. I've set compatibility to run as Windows 7 (as on my old machine). I rebooted, restarted, reinstalled, and reconfigured everything I can think of. And then I had my husband -- an IT guy with 25 years of experience (and even worse sleep apnea than me) -- try out all of his tricks. No joy.

Has anyone else run into this? I did find someone else posting well over a year ago on the American Sleep Apnea Association's Sleep Apnea Support Forum about this same issue. No responses to that query.

I did install SleepyHead, and pulled data off, but it's not as detailed as the InfoSmart data and not what my doc will want. Right now my only option is to keep running reports on the old machine.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

Soferet [so- FEHR- et; Hebrew; feminine] noun: writer, author

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
—Ernest Hemingway
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2014 11:48 PM by soferet.)
01-18-2014 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

Sex: Male

RE: F&P InfoSmart and Windows 8
Contact the maker of the software? That's my only idea at this point?

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
01-19-2014 12:00 AM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

It does sound like Windows 8 is keeping you "safe." Contact F&P & see if this isn't a known problem, and if they have a fix yet.
01-19-2014 12:52 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
soferet Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX for Her - size XS
Humidifier: Fisher & Paykel Icon built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-17cmH2O
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: Using F&P InfoSmart software. Mixed apnea (OSA/CSA) & severe hypopnea, dx'd February 2012

Thanks . . . the only problem is that F&P doesn't/won't support their software for individual users. Already tried that. They intend it to be for use by sleep clinics and doctor's offices. For now, I"m keeping my old Win 7 computer around, just to run reports for my sleep doc. :-)

Soferet [so- FEHR- et; Hebrew; feminine] noun: writer, author

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
—Ernest Hemingway
02-22-2014 09:39 PM
DogTired Offline

New Members

Machine: F&P Icon+
Mask Make & Model: Respironics FullLife
Humidifier: F&P Icon+
CPAP Pressure: 10-20
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: APAP started Jan 2009

I just ran into the exact same problem on Windows 8. Went thru all the hoops you and your hubby did. Still no go. So, I guess I make up a company name and call F&P? I guess I'll call Direct Home Medical first and see what they can do for me. I can always try it on my husband's W7 laptop later this weekend. If it works on his I guess I'll just share those files with the W8 desktop. Thinking-about
06-06-2014 07:56 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
jaycee Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S-9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Quattro Air Large
Humidifier: 5i
CPAP Pressure: 9-13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: RT at a DME

My notebook got updated almost a year ago and I haven't been able to use it for Infosmart since. I have to use one of the old notebooks that wasn't updated to do F&P downloads. My IT guys can't figure out why (not that I have much faith in them).
06-06-2014 10:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Easiest way to connect to FlashAir SD card using a static IP in Windows shawn42 13 1,223 07-20-2016 01:58 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Fisher & Paykel Icon Infosmart Software Bobo 47 31,947 02-24-2016 09:12 PM
Last Post: woozie38
  Infosmart Terminology Help YankeesNYC 4 498 02-22-2016 10:15 PM
Last Post: YankeesNYC
  Transcend APAP & Windows 10 blueruck 3 666 11-09-2015 09:53 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Admin Note] New SleepyHead Windows Installer SuperSleeper 0 384 10-28-2015 02:09 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Information [News] Windows 10 Software Report Thread wordjoy 3 1,157 08-01-2015 10:03 AM
Last Post: Jack_Russell_Fan
  Windows 8.1 problem Resmed machine sleepy1235 6 1,413 01-27-2015 07:34 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape