Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F & P Pilairo (not Q) crinkle noise on use
F & P Pilairo (not Q) crinkle noise on use
question for you all. have been using the Pilairo with a bipap machine for 4-5 month with great success. very recently the mask has started making a "crinkling" sound during the night. think taking a plastic water bottle and gently squeezing it with each breath, right beside your ear. first it was a one off, then happened a couple of times, now it happens almost every night. once it starts "crinkling" or "popping" it wont stop, wont let me sleep because it is so random. no amount of adjusting the mask, wiping it for sweat etc will correct this.

i take apart the pillow and wash it and the holder daily in warm water and mild soap, let it dry all day.

anyone ever experienced this kind of thing? your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F & P Pilairo (not Q) crinkle noise on use
Hi marcnagainis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure what would cause the problem you are having with your pillows.
Hang in there for suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F & P Pilairo (not Q) crinkle noise on use
(04-22-2015, 09:54 AM)marcnagainis Wrote: .....very recently the mask has started making a "crinkling" sound during the night. think taking a plastic water bottle and gently squeezing it with each breath, right beside your ear....

The Pilairo and the Pilairo Q are almost identical in their construction apart from the minor change to the inlet elbow to hold the diffuser.

I can't see it would be the pillows - they aren't the right material.

The hose on my Pilairo makes the sort of noise you describe if it gets under my head when I roll over.

The hose is very lightly made and will 'crackle' a bit when its flexed.

In your case with BiPAP it could be that the hose is expanding and contracting with your breathing and the BiPAP modulation. What is your lower pressure on the the BiPAP?

How to fix it? = If it is the hose you could try to make sure the Pilairo hose end goes down your body before turning back to the top of the bed.

Cheers

David
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,303 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 92 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.