Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Simplus FF leaks getting annoying
F&P Simplus FF leaks getting annoying
I've had this mask for a few years and I seem to be growing out of it. It's causing more restless sleep than before and not sure what else to do short of getting a different mask.

Main issue is the mask tends to slide up my face just a few mm. When that happens I start getting air leakage on the bridge of my nose and starts blowing air across my eyes--super annoying. I have to move the mask back down a few mm and seal is restored. However, one down side of this is the repositioning places more pressure on my sinuses starting to restrict airflow in my nose by a small amount. It's a very narrow window on getting a good fit/seal. I think part of the issue is how the mask rests on my chin. As I adjust the mask to be slightly lower, it starts moving up the bump of my chin and over time as I'm tossing and turning it pushes it back up causing the seal leak on the bridge of my nose.

I've considered using the DreamWear FF, but the reviews there are not stellar from what I'm seeing so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Simplus FF leaks getting annoying
Might try attaching a velcro strap onto the lower straps and than run the strap under your under your chin. I've heard it helps keep the mask from riding up.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
This seems to be a common problem with the Simplus, which is otherwise a really good mask. This is what I do:

Take a piece of flannelette about 150mm x 90mm (size will vary according your your own facial size & shape).
Fold it in thirds lengthwise so you end up with a strip 150mm long, 30mm wide and three layers thick.
Drape this over your nose and let the ends fall down over your cheeks.
Put on the mask so that the cloth fits snugly between the silicone and your skin. Be careful the cloth doesn't stick in your eyes or tickle your eyelashes.
Sleep and enjoy!
Post Reply Post Reply
The same mask I use and the same problem.
What worked for me was 2 home made FFM liners. The liners are made out of heavy duty cotton t-shirt.
You could order a sample pack fairly cheap. Then make a template out of those and cut your own.
From time to time I get eye bags from being too tight. I add another liner and slack off the straps a small amount.
You said, you have been using this mask for a while, Maybe it is worn out.

Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
started with that mask and switched to Amara View for the same reasons you are having now. Amera View has its own issues to get used to and figure out, but I love it now
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the Airfit F20 which has gotten good reviews here.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 354 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 141 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 560 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 904 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 375 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 1,041 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.