Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Simplus - First few nights use
RE: F&P Simplus - First few nights use
Can't you buy this over the net? I bought most of mine from the US but the Simplus from OZ.
Just update a bit. I didn't know that this mask wasn't available from overseas. The mask seal is very soft. Just seems to be at home on my face. The headgear is almost unnoticeable, very soft and comfortable.
Can I legally marry this mask? When I go to bed I like to read which is a pain as I have to thread my glasses under the frame.

Sometimes my wife asks me a question and then I have to take the whole conglomeration off just to say "yes or no". Then it all goes back on again.

(10-11-2013, 03:54 AM)Jagman Wrote: Just update a bit. I didn't know that this mask wasn't available from overseas. The mask seal is very soft. Just seems to be at home on my face. The headgear is almost unnoticeable, very soft and comfortable.
Can I legally marry this mask? When I go to bed I like to read which is a pain as I have to thread my glasses under the frame.

Sometimes my wife asks me a question and then I have to take the whole conglomeration off just to say "yes or no". Then it all goes back on again.

If you wife asks you a question that can be answered with yes or no, shake your head in the proper direction! lol If it requires more than yes or no, write your answer down!
(10-11-2013, 03:48 AM)Jagman Wrote: Can't you buy this over the net? I bought most of mine from the US but the Simplus from OZ.

I might be able to buy it over the internet, not sure. One thing I am sure of is that my insurance wouldn't pay for it if I purchased it over the internet.
(10-11-2013, 03:09 AM)Jagman Wrote: Hi to all. My first post here as a new member. I have tried quite a few masks including the Resmed Mirage which was quite good. I have also tried a lot of nasal and nasal pillow masks (actually bought these masks about 6 I reckon).

By far the F&P Simplus (L) is the most comfortable! I actually look forward to going to bed to put it on, it's that good! Or should I say, it suits me that well.

I try to wear a nasal mask but just cannot get comfortable with them. A few problems, I have a light beard and 'mo and also tend to be quite congested by the time I go to bed.

I think once I get tired my eyes tend to weep, then I get congested and therefore can't breathe through the ol' schnozaroony. Also the Pilairo (which is my preferred nasal mask) seems to irritate my moustache bristles.

I am always on the lookout for a better mask though, does anyone have other suggestions? I would really like to use just a nasal mask so that I don't have to stuff around with getting reading glasses on or off through the frame of a full face mask.

I have been using CPAP for only 6 weeks but have taken to it like a duck to water!

The F&P Eson is a great nasal mask. The nasal equivalent to the Simplus FFM in my opinion.

anyone been able to compare the F&P Simplus with the Resmed Quattro Air?? If so which did you prefer.
(10-11-2013, 07:52 PM)machunter46 Wrote: anyone been able to compare the F&P Simplus with the Resmed Quattro Air?? If so which did you prefer.

I tried the Resmed Mirage Quattro is that right? - so many masks that I'm confused, but definitely the Mirage anyway.

It's a good mask (for me) but the Simplus was WAAAY better!
(10-11-2013, 06:01 AM)me50 Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 03:54 AM)Jagman Wrote: Just update a bit. I didn't know that this mask wasn't available from overseas. The mask seal is very soft. Just seems to be at home on my face. The headgear is almost unnoticeable, very soft and comfortable.

If you wife asks you a question that can be answered with yes or no, shake your head in the proper direction! lol If it requires more than yes or no, write your answer down!

Ha ha. Actually if my wife asks me a question and we're in bed, the ONLY answer I give is a YES! Then the mask definitely comes off!
(10-11-2013, 06:02 AM)me50 Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 03:48 AM)Jagman Wrote: Can't you buy this over the net? I bought most of mine from the US but the Simplus from OZ.

I might be able to buy it over the internet, not sure. One thing I am sure of is that my insurance wouldn't pay for it if I purchased it over the internet.

That's a point. My health insurance covered me for $500 and it didn't matter where I bought it from as long as I had receipts. I did, for over $2,000 and still going. But I reckon that's cheap for a number of reasons.

1. The benefit I have got from using CPAP is worth a LOT more than $2,000
2. If I had bought the same amount of equipment in Australia even at 'discounted' prices I would have spent closer to $5,000!

Why are prices in the US about one third of the prices here? Sure, you have a much bigger market but isn't the market place the whole world now with the internet? I don't mind paying a little over the difference for buying locally but the difference here is not funny.

For example, my F&P Icon was about $600 US, here it would have been $2,300. Well they missed out on my business for that one.
(10-11-2013, 07:52 PM)machunter46 Wrote: anyone been able to compare the F&P Simplus with the Resmed Quattro Air?? If so which did you prefer.

I will be able to shortly. My DME just provided me with a Simplus to try and I've been trying a Quattro Air for the last little bit.

I will be able to side-by-side them...the Quattro Air works quite well for me based on my numbers to date, but I'm in between sizes so we're trying the Simplus to see if we can keep the good results and resolve some minor quibbles I have about fit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Machunter, here are my initial thoughts:

Setting the two masks side by side, the Simplus looks shorter and wider (both L in my case). When you actually put them seal to seal, the Simplus is a couple mm shorter, but the widths are actually really close.

Both have very pliable, textured seals. The Quattro Air uses a shallower seal overall, but has distinct cut-outs to give more flexibility and a softer contact at the chin and nose. The Simplus uses a deeper cushion, which makes it feel wider and lead to a bit more of an initial feeling of "chipmunk cheeks"...but the sensation didn't last long. To add stability to the seal at the nose bridge, F&P have included a silicone bridge (think of the silver nose piece on a dust mask) and made the seal articulating / sliding to accommodate it.

The diffuser on the Quattro Air is a bit better if you are a side sleeper or sleep closer to your bed partner...the Simplus does a good job, but is a bit more "concentrated" to permit the use of the the ball swivel for the hose connection. It's not that it is super loud, just comparatively one has more potential to be louder if you side sleep and it gets closer to the pillow.

Headgear wise, the Simplus has an adjustable top band and slightly wider straps. I noticed a little less strap marks this morning having used the Simplus last night. Neither headgear is uncomfortable and both seem to stay in place pretty well (even for an active sleeper like me).

I'll update further as I get more experience with the Simplus. I think both "new generation" masks are a step up from the previous masks, though neither has a oxygen inlet if you need supplemental oxygen with your therapy. They are pretty close and I suspect personal preference will dictate which one people prefer.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel's Simplus FF Mask me50 36 39,171 03-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: PaulKTF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.