Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Vitera Tips Please
RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please
The Vitera uses a clear plastic bushing that fits in the hose end and snaps onto the mask's swivel elbow. It is a friction fit, meaning it doesn't use release tabs like the Resmed masks.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does that mean you just pull it out? I couldn't. My husband tried and could by wiggling it while pulling. after a few times it got easier and didn't require any wiggling. Our concern is since it got easier with every few removals that it will wear.. Does it wear to the point of not staying on securely? I need to get up at least once every night. Sometimes twice. Do you disconnect it often. If so, how long does it last?
Post Reply Post Reply
The hose disconnect bushing should produce a slight snapping sound or feel when connecting or disconnecting.

I disconnect mine several times a night for several years now.  When I get up, I shut down the CPAP, disconnect the hose from the mask, and then remove the mask.  Mask removal is achieved by disconnecting one of the lower strap clips from the mask frame.  Putting the mask back on is done by reversing the order of the steps listed above.

I forgot to add that there is a right and wrong way to insert the busing in the hose. The bushing has a slight flare on the end that connects to the mask's elbow.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See if this helps. My hidden YouTube quick disconnect demo. Sorry for extra noise disconnecting. Mask moving as I wasn't wearing it.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2021, 10:12 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I forgot to add that there is a right and wrong way to insert the busing in the hose.  The bushing has a slight flare on the end that connects to the mask's elbow.

Thanks. Sounds like it's pretty durable. But does that depend on doing the "right way"? The right way isn't clear to us. There is a ridge that runs 360 deg aground the inside of the bushing to which the hose attaches. That ridge appears to snap over two ridges, one on each side, of the exterior section of the  elbow over which the bushing fits. since the ridge in the bushing is continuous for 360 deg it seems there is no right or wrong position with respect to it's rotation. We see there are curved ridges 180 deg apart on the outsid of the bushing that are probably finger grips but it doesn't appear to make any difference in how there positioned with respect to the elbow. Are they supposed to be lined up with the two indentations in the elbow for removal? It seems the removal is just as easy whether they are or not. What are we missing? Sorry for the bother and and feeling kind of dumb.

Dave,

Thanks for the video. It's clear you just pop it on and off but whether or not there is any correct rotation of the bushing is not clear.

Used the foam F20 last night but it was uncomfortably tight to eliminate leaks and still seemed to leak if
Post Reply Post Reply
You aren't the only one that couldn't figure out that clip!  Sorry but I don't have any tips--only wore it part of two nights and that was some time ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
No turning or rotation of the bushing, just pull out away from mask on the connector. If deflecting/bending it a bit at the connection joint helps, that can be OK. As long as the side with the ridge points toward the mask, it'll just snap on or off. There's no flats or similar markings that must align.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to be such a bother but I see no ridge on the bushing other then the two curved ones which I assume are for grip and point away from the mask. I see no ridge in your video. I seem to be doing just what you show in the video.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not at all sure where I had it in my mind about a ridge. OK skip that thought. Focus on the 2 rounded arrow things. They point away from the mask and towards where the hose connects. The half of the bushing with the rounded arrows is slightly bigger than the plain half.

The rounded arrow half is the mask side, plain side is the hose side.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the connector:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=38260]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,352 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 305 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,542 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 994 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,630 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,239 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.