Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P Vitera Tips Please
RE: F&P Vitera Tips Please
Thanks Red. We had that figured out. How did you get s blue one? Mine is boring clear plastic.

First night was "interesting" Sat up for about 21/2 hours watching  movie and leaks were pretty low but I think I had it too tight and it got a little sore around the bridge of my nose. In bed I followed Dave's steps for adjusting and it seemed fine at first but then I started getting leaks at the sides each time I inhaled and my cheeks bulged out. They bothered me because they sounded like farts. Per Dave I loosened the top straps until I got leaks at the top of my nose and then re-tightened just enough to get rid of those and that helped a little. I then tightened the lower straps lightly and the side leaks were fixed but I had leaks at the top into my eyes again. So I tightened the top side straps just a little and everything seemed fine. Then the farting started again and I repeated he above adjustments. All that took about 45 minutes and then I gradually fell asleep. I woke up at 2:30 to a farting symphony. It seemed like the mask was leaking almost everywhere So I quit for the night. It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that this is the third mask I've tried and even with what I thing were loose fittings it still irritated the bridge of my nose. I've attached the chart. It appears that the leaks went up as the pressure increased when I fell asleep. The fart symphony at the end is pretty obvious. I actually laughed when I told my husband about it this morning. So is the answer to set a higher pressure for my mask adjustment and then set it back to my therapy range? The soreness around the bridge of my nose is less that I experienced with the F20 so I'm hoping to make this mask work. It's the third I've tried and I'm running out of options.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention. The strap that goes cross the top of my head caused pain where the two ends connect. Anyone elsehave that problem or m I just super sensitive?
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is clear too, but it will photograph blue if you hit it with enough UV light.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hubby says it will sanitize it too but doubts it needs sanitizing. Anyway I guess I'll quit envying you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I've continued to struggle with the Vitera with respect to leaks and irritation at the bridge of my nose. I tried RENzzzs mask liners that Lincare provided at no charge but they resulted in constant leakage and I still got the skin irritation. We printed out the sizing template and concluded that I should have been given a medium instead of a small. I called Lincare and they gave me a new complete medium mask with headgear to try at no charge. I was surprised given all the negative comments I've seen about DMEs. Unfortunately I have a sore on my nose so I will need to soldier on for several days with the F30i which doesn't work well for me either. I'm hoping the medium Vitera will be he answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, best wishes the medium works for you. Same adjusting method as it's just a cushion swap. The medium cushion might be a bit taller top to bottom, maybe it can be situated slightly lower on the nasal bridge to help leak less.

PS my Lincare office had stepped in when my Medicaid insurance refused to pay for a hospital bed and air mattress after they approved it. The Lincare manager worked something to do a clean slate do over ish. I ended up owning the bed later. So for that I go there in gratitude for extra good service.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,335 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,273 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 304 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 985 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,629 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,233 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.