Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P's "InfoSmart" software package
F&P's "InfoSmart" software package
3 InfoSmart has to be installed on your computer by a technician using a remote Internet connection. Once installed, an icon on your desktop opens the program. InfoSmart detects SmartUSB in your computer's USB port which reads your PAP machine's serial number then assigns that number to your records. The usual personal details are entered & saved after which it's necessary to click "Reports" to view your sleep data. Your personal details are again displayed on the first page of the report, followed by compliance details on page two. Page three displays a full summary histogram (graph), & page four & five, more compliance info. The next pages display your sleep data, but it's limited info, showing  event flags, therapy pressure, mask leaks  and a time/event/pressure table, only.
Pros: There's not much to like about this package, but it does give you information to manage your SA with & it's very good at tracking usage & compliance data. Also the time/event/pressure table is easy to follow and better points out the occurrence of events than a line graph. The end pages contain a comprehensive tabulated 60 day report.(very useful)
Cons: There's no pie chart. No respiration graphs or data. It's not intuitive and the data is displayed in a smaller dialogue box within the main page making it necessary to use the thumb sliders on the right and bottom of this dialogue box to view the full page.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P's "InfoSmart" software package
Thank you for the review! ThanksThanks

But you forgot a con: letting a total stranger have remote access to your computer. That's a big "wait a minute..." for me. Huhsign
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 09:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: But you forgot a con: letting a total stranger have remote access to your computer. That's a big "wait a minute..." for me. Huhsign
Hi Paula, This is by no means unusual. Many companies offer remote services on your PC. Microsoft service agents for one, but others like Comodo offer their "Geekbuddy" service to clean and immunise your computer. It's not risky & is often the only way to clean out viruses or diagnose problems in private or business machines. You can even watch the agent at work, on your screen if you wish.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's okay. Americans are naturally distrusting of authorities, no matter who they are. We had a little spat with some Brit authorities back 'round 1776 and ever since then, we're all paranoid when someone (anyone) wants to exercise any sort of control over us. We like our independence, in other words, and that paranoia seems to drift into the medical fields as well.

Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2014, 01:27 AM)woozie38 Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 09:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: But you forgot a con: letting a total stranger have remote access to your computer. That's a big "wait a minute..." for me. Huhsign
Hi Paula, This is by no means unusual. Many companies offer remote services on your PC. Microsoft service agents for one, but others like Comodo offer their "Geekbuddy" service to clean and immunise your computer. It's not risky & is often the only way to clean out viruses or diagnose problems in private or business machines. You can even watch the agent at work, on your screen if you wish.

You really, REALLY, need to learn more about computer security if you don't realize how awful this idea is in general. Yes, maybe for an unusual debug situation for a failure of some sort. Requiring remote access for a software install is flat out insane.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2014, 05:50 PM)archangle Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 01:27 AM)woozie38 Wrote:

You really, REALLY, need to learn more about computer security if you don't realize how awful this idea is in general. Yes, maybe for an unusual debug situation for a failure of some sort. Requiring remote access for a software install is flat out insane.
I am quite computer literate and understand security issues very well. This was not done in the way you think. I downloaded the program in the first instance, then through a secure gateway allowed the technician access to initiate & validate the install. On completion, all files were removed and the gateway closed. There were no security issues., It has to be remembered, this was not a small IT company. It was Fisher & Paykel, a world wide company of high repute. I guess if one doesn't want the software then don't do it. But in dealing with the medical profession one needs to use data produced by a government certified software package to be deemed valid by them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi woozie38
Have you seen this thread posted by "Lucidwan" shows the data in InfoSmart (post #6 & 7)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Questions
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2014, 07:59 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi woozie38
Have you seen this thread posted by "Lucidwan" shows the data in InfoSmart (post #6 & 7)
G'day zonk, Thanks for the link. Now reading my InfoSmart data too. Had a look at lucidwan's data. Apart from the obvious, it's the same as mine. Bit short on info & presented in a different way to SH, but very useful none the less.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it works. So that others will know, how did you get the software?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 03:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Glad it works. So that others will know, how did you get the software?
F&P's technician called me to arrange the installation of the software, & over the phone, gave me a hyperlink where I could download the latest version of InfoSmart. Also another link to download their remote access utility. I downloaded both applications, & installed the [link removed] [LogMeIn is the name of the utility - Moderator] remote access utility. A short time later the tech called back, I gave him access to my computer & the install proceeded. Installation completed, all files were deleted, the access port closed & the utility removed. All this messing about is necessary because InfoSmart was written for health care professionals. In its raw form it gives patients limited access to the data card, preferring instead to transmit the info it contains directly to your doc. Another reason for the reluctance to allow patient access is because the software is used to setup and adjust therapy parameters. In other words, whatever settings you enter into InfoSmart are transferred to the Icon, & course we must not be permitted to adjust our our own. The latest version of InfoSmart is 1.2. An earlier version can be downloaded from here.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] SleepHQ versus Oscar CPAP software Sperafucile 4 3,946 09-01-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] tracking software [ResScan] willyboy 4 6,390 07-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Last Post: RonWessels

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.