Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare Replacement of Respironics Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask Replacement Frame Fabric
Medicare Replacement of Respironics Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask Replacement Frame Fabric
So I'm trying to understand the time schedule of Medicare nasal Mask replacement parts. My Phillips Respironics Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask Replacement Frame (Fabric) broke and stretched out after a 1 1/2 month of use. I see and hear this is common.  I'm on month 4 now. my supplier has been replacing the pillow 1 every month which seems right according to schedule, but says the headgear and the frame which is falling apart can't be replaced until 6 months. The schedule I've seen says 1-3 months. My DME supplier says they do stretch and break and there are better ones. Well OK but that's what you gave me with my machine...The headgear piece is doing the same, lost the stretchiness and basically falling apart. So are the frame and headgear replaced at 3 months or 6 months? at $30 each for the frame and them going bad in a month and a half means I'll be spending about a $100 every 6 months with shipping for having to buy 3 each EXTRA for the 6 month time frame. (I've already bought 2) The headgear is barely usable but trying to make it last... Also he cant tell me how often they will replace the piece of hose from the nasal pillow to the end of my heated humidifier hose. He thinks 6 months although the heated hose was replaced after 3 months... Its getting a bit frustrating because even the pillow which I'm supposed to get 1 a month and filters for my machine 2 a month are back ordered all the time. (I finally got caught up on the pillows and filters a week ago) Is this common with DME and suppliers? Seems pretty sad for equipment that's for saving your life.. Anyone else having the same problems and back order excuses? Frame and headgear after 3 months? small hose to pillow from heated hose after 3 months? Constant back orders? I'm curious if I'm just unlucky??
Thanks
RON
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare Replacement of Respironics Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask Replacement Frame Fabric
It used to be 3 mos but the last time I picked up supplies, I was told 6mos on the mask itself, 3 for the pillows/cushions.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare Replacement of Respironics Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask Replacement Frame Fabric
I'm getting a nasal pillow once a month. and, that's about all they are good for.. But 6 months for the frame and headgear that lasts about 25% of that time is crazy. Good ole Medicare!
Thanks for the comeback, I appreciate the input!
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not Medicare's fault if it doesn't last 6 months. The frame and headgear is supposed to last closer to a year. So, you need to examine why your stuff isn't lasting very long. Could be your particular skin oils, tightening the mask too tight, but could also be your cleaning method.

My Airfit P10 headgear lasts about 7 months, so I do get it. Bought a couple of extra headgear from an online supplier.

My current DME provides:
2 filters - each month
2 nasal pillows each month
complete mask & headgear every 6 months
Tubing - every 3 months
Humidifier - every 6 months

Presumably, you could get a mask every 3 months and a headgear every 6, but some DMEs have switched to a complete mask/headgear every 6 months. That's what both of the DME's I've had follow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,259 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 103 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,830 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 157 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,082 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,230 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.