Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F10: Headgear all stretched out and no place to go
F10: Headgear all stretched out and no place to go
For those with F10's and their headgear is stretched out to where it is no longer able to be adjusted tight enough - here is my solution.

My headgear lasted 5 1/2 months - hopefully I get a new one this month (I need to call and check) - but now, it is useless, putting it in hot water no longer helps and it is all stretched out.

I have a lifetime supply of double sided non-stretchy velcro (45 feet) that I bought to try a home made chin strap (which worked well as a chin strap and kept my mouth shut, but didn't stop me from breathing through my lips... So, I took some and "lined" my head gear where it is stretched out.

Works very well, a little heavier but not uncomfortable and it seems to hold the F10 in place when I flop around better than the original straps. I am considering placing or covering the lower loops also, but so far, just wrapping the new velcro around the ends to hold them in place (there were releasing during the night) is working.

[Image: IMG_0258.JPG]
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F10: Headgear all stretched out and no place to go
Gee Frank! You're tough on masks, but good solution. They recently started including headset adjustment clips with the P10. Maybe Resmed will upgrade the F10 as well. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I have read stories of people using F10 headgear for literally years - I don't see how. I think I am going to avoid using hot water on the next one and see how long it lasts.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank,

You and I should have gotten together earlier. I have a 30' roll of double sided non-stretchy 11/2" wide velcro that I bought because I needed about 4 inches of it

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2016, 12:46 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Yeah, I have read stories of people using F10 headgear for literally years - I don't see how. I think I am going to avoid using hot water on the next one and see how long it lasts.

You have a way of fixing things and making them work again. Good for you.

Because of DME problems, my current headgear for the AirFit P10 had become really, really stretched out and hot water was not doing much good either. So, yesterday I took a glass measuring cup and boiled 1 cup of water in the microwave, put in a few drops of dish detergent and the headgear strap. I left it in the cup for a few hours until the water had cooled off. Then I rinsed the strap and laid it in the window for the sun to shine on it - drying it out. By bedtime I placed it on the headgear frame and was really surprised when it fit almost like new again. I'm not advocating my method as a "fix it all" but it worked for me at least until I can find a dependable DME (if such a thing exists).

Post Reply Post Reply
Grammabear, good stuff. I just toss mine in the washer with clothes, and right into the dryer on warm. Keeps it very nice. I don't put the mask frame, or cushion in, just fabric headgear.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2016, 04:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Grammabear, good stuff. I just toss mine in the washer with clothes, and right into the dryer on warm. Keeps it very nice. I don't put the mask frame, or cushion in, just fabric headgear.

Maybe I will try that next time. I called and they are sending me a full kit this month, so I only have to use my kludge for another week or two.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to revive an old dead thread.

I recently received my 6 month shipment of supplies which included a new head gear to replace the old stretched out one I have been using.

Well, it turns out, that is not such a great thing. The new head gear is all nice and stretchy and "comfortable" and LEAKS LIKE CRAZY. Yup, it seems with all my flopping around, the headgear being stretchy is not a good thing. The older head gear I repaired with the non-stretchy velcro works much better.

It seems, that when I lay on my side, the stretchy new straps allow the mask to be pushed off to one side or the other and develop major leaks - serious major leaks, as I went from NONE to 95% major leaks when I installed the new head gear. I put the old repaired head gear back on and major leaks instantly went back to zero.

So, for those having issues with the F10 and leaks when side sleeping - try my example in the first post - it is not uncomfortable and works for me - as in no leaks (or at least not very often).
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
For those using the F10 or P10 headgear the clips that you can get cheaply online (it is a Resmed part sold separately if needed) is the long term solution. The part comes in a bag with 2 clips.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2016, 11:07 AM)sonicboom Wrote: For those using the F10 or P10 headgear the clips that you can get cheaply online (it is a Resmed part sold separately if needed) is the long term solution. The part comes in a bag with 2 clips.

I haven't seen where those clips work at all. With any tension, the fabric just slips through the clip and the clip falls off. I've been using a safety pin to keep the fabric from slipping through.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 52 10 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,661 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 358 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 478 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 424 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.