Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F10: Headgear all stretched out and no place to go
RE: F10: Headgear all stretched out and no place to go
FWIW I had no problems with the clips holding place through the night using one on each strap - top and back.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The clips do not solve the problem that I am referring to, they reduce the length of the strap, but the strap is still stretchy. I believe it is the stretchiness of the mask that causes problems for SOME when they took and turn or sleep on their side. My new head gear is very tight, but it. still gets pulled over to the side when I rub it on my pillow while rolling. That does not happen with the non-stretchy version I made.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for you, the Hannibal Lechter mask. We mght have to seal up the holes and find a way to attach a tube, but I'm sure this will not slip. Oh-jeez

[Image: HannibalMask1.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2016, 07:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just for you, the Hannibal Lechter mask.

[Image: HannibalMask1.jpg]

It looks like it has built in leaks Smile But, thank you!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I have posted this before, but, I find satin pillow case liners help on the "sliding" part of the problem. They zip closed so the pillow does not slide out. I only found them in standard size and cost around $10.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 09:05 AM)Rcgop Wrote: I know I have posted this before, but, I find satin pillow case liners help on the "sliding" part of the problem. They zip closed so the pillow does not slide out. I only found them in standard size and cost around $10.

That is a good idea, I like it, sadly I can't use it. Satin and silk affect me like finger nails on a chalk board affect some people. The feel of them make uncontrollable shivers run up and down my spine!

Frank
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it has been 5 days now and I am running around AHI 1.5 with large leaks below 5% (on a bad night) using the F10 with my modified head gear. Trying the new stretchy head gear results in large leaks in the 50% to 90% range and AHI 10 or so, but the AHI is probably meaningless at that level of large leaks.

I am not trying to push this on anyone, but I have read many people here that have problems taming leak on the F10. The "normal" path taken is to tighten down the straps until it is very uncomfortable and leaves deep red creases in your face when you wake up. This method uses a non-stretchy velcro applied over the existing strap - no modification required to try it. It doesn't make any permanent changes to the F10 or its straps, you just lay the regular velcro over the existing straps.

The result is a strap that you can wear much looser - like the F10 is designed to be worn - and still not get large leaks when sleeping on your side and/or flopping around. I am not saying it is perfect, but it is MUCH more comfortable than the over tightened stretchy normal straps, and it is inexpensive (a couple dollars), and as far as I can see at this point, it does not wear out, I have been using it for over a month all together and can highly recommend it for people that can't use P10's (mouth breathers) and that have high leak rates with the F10.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a more brutal solution, cut the over the head strap and stapled the excess out...

…  Philip
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 437 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 349 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 471 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  [CPAP] New to cpap my apnea events are all over the place can someone help me? LiquidOcelot 13 1,279 06-27-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.