Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F20 Mask Exhalation Valve
F20 Mask Exhalation Valve
A while back, there was a thread on the two types of valves on the F20 mask that had pictures of the "good" and "not so good" valves. Does anyone remember the post? I tried to do a search with the keywords I though would work, but didn't get anywhere.

Many thanx
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F20 Mask Exhalation Valve
I just use Google and type topic your looking for & type Apnea board at the end and it will find most of the things I need. I use other forums for hobbies and I find some search engines not all that good.
I think I found what your looking for.http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Resmed-F20
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - that is the thread I was looking for. For some reason, it never came up.

Funny thing, I even posted on it.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Resmed-F20

Try that one as suggested Homerec130. My second post there links also to a review of this item. ResMed updated the elbow about 2 years ago, calling it the QuietAir. Some, including myself, have noticed black spots on the vent packing that's akin to a glasspack muffler. Again others have indicated the packing restricts exhalation and have felt somewhat sick from it. Most recent from me on this QA elbow and my F20 would be that I've put a used elbow on the operating table and pulled the packing out with needle nosed pliers to see the spots up close and to see if venting is different. Spots did indeed line up with vent holes and exhaling was less restrictive. I'm sure there's a few chapters of discussion out there, and as I find them, I can link here in updated posts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
some other possible info

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...+air+elbow

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SacarsticDave,

Thanks for the links. I was more curious about which mask I had. Turns out I have the newer ones. I had searched the site and didn't really come up with what I was looking for. When Canuck 2 posted the link, I found I had even commented on it.

On a side note, I have gotten away from using Google and I have found better results with DuckDuckGo and they don't track.
Homer

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 99 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 113 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 558 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,529 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Exhalation Waveform skyuser37 2 569 12-07-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  [CPAP] CPAP vs. Bi Pap for inhalation/exhalation variability Willec49 1 476 07-24-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.