Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area
F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area
Been using the F20 full face mask memory foam really feels good against face but noticed today I have a tear on the nose part that goes over your bridge of nose. Can i continue to use till I get a new one or go back to the silicone one till I get a replacement
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area
(10-18-2017, 07:38 PM)Teddysjam Wrote: Been using the F20 full face mask memory foam really feels good against face but noticed today I have a tear on the nose part that goes over your bridge of nose. Can i continue to use till I get a new one or go back to the silicone one till I get a replacement

I don't have that mask, but I understand the foam and the silicon are interchangeable.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it doesn't leak use it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the same mask. Unless the tear is causing leakage I would continue using it. How big is the tear and do you know how it happened?

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried using my AirTouch with a tear in the nose bridge, but it leaked so much I had to quit.  It is truly a very comfortable mask, but there is a tendency to tear in the nose bridge area.  I am now in my 2nd week with a foam replacement, and so far no tears.  The earlier F20 AirSense, with silicone wears like steel.  I still have one that I used for about 6 months and it is perfectly good.  I would really like to know the secret of those getting more than a month out of their AirTouch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just replaced my after 4 months and only because I was beginning to get slight leaks that I could not stop. The foam visually seemed in good condition with no tears. I spray it once a day with citrus 2, let it sit for a minute and carefully wipe with a cpap wipe. I use Waterwipes, which is for babies, because it has just water and citrus. Also make sure your face is clean before using.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on my third F20, the previous two both tore in less than a month. I am on a Bipap with fairly high air pressure, but this is the only mask that has worked for me. I think this is a design flaw, but the company that makes the mask has made it nearly impossible to complain! How can I find out if they are aware of the problem and working on it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on my third F20, the previous two both tore in less than a month. I am on a Bipap with fairly high air pressure, but this is the only mask that has worked for me. I think this is a design flaw, but the company that makes the mask has made it nearly impossible to complain! How can I find out if they are aware of the problem and working on it?
Post Reply Post Reply
My first F20 Memory foam tore at the nose area after 27 days. The second one tore after 5 days, but I'm still trying to use it as it doesn't seem to leak. I'll probably go back to my F&P silicon that hold up very well. I do have to say the memory foam is the most comfortable, but I can't replace them weekly. Has ResMed indicated problems with their memory foam. I know my mattress memory foam seems very strong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have had the same problems with one of my cushions tore in the nose area after a few days of wear. Find it more comfortable than the f20 silicone.
Wish resmed would look into this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 152 9 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 114 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,890 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 321 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,921 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 295 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,279 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.