Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F20 mask attachment to headgear ?
F20 mask attachment to headgear ?
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while now, but I can't seem to find any info on this issue, so I guess I'll make a post.

I recently got a new F20 ffm and the first couple of nights were great. I'm talking beyond great. Then, suddenly, not so great. Last night it started whistling so bad, I had to use my old F10 it replaced. I couldn't really pinpoint where the whistle was coming from, but it was silent when I switched to the F10.

Next issue that I noticed a few days after I started wearing it was mask part disconnects from the headgear extremely easily. I'm talking it will fall apart in my hands if I am not careful with it. I can't just pick it up by just touching the headgear. I can hear a click when I push the mask into the headgear, but it just falls back out after moving it.

Anyone else with these issues?

Sorry if this isn't where I should post this at.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F20 mask attachment to headgear ?
You're posting in the right place.

I assume you are referring to the magnets. I have an F20 and find the magnets hold quite well. I had to fiddle a little with it to eliminate leaks at first but now I don't usually have a problem getting a good seal. It has the lowest leak rate of any mask I have used.

Have you changed the Velcro adjustments? Occasionally I will forget and loosen the Velcro rather than detach the magnets and then I will have leaking until I get the adjustment right again.

You state unsure for your pressure. My pressure range is 8-14. I've never tested the F20 at a higher pressure.

Sorry I can't help you beyond what I've suggested.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2017, 08:38 PM)Melman Wrote: You're posting in the right place.

I assume you are referring to the magnets. I have an F20 and find the magnets hold quite well. I had to fiddle a little with it to eliminate leaks at first but now I don't usually have a problem getting a good seal. It has the lowest leak rate of any mask I have used.

Have you changed the Velcro adjustments? Occasionally I will forget and loosen the Velcro rather than detach the magnets and then I will have leaking until I get the adjustment right again.

You state unsure for your pressure. My pressure range is 8-14. I've never tested the F20 at a higher pressure.

Sorry I can't help you beyond what I've suggested.

Thanks for the reply!

I think my pressure is 13 over 8?  Does that sound like a pressure?  I'll try to remember to look it up and fix my profile.
Actually, I don't mean the magnets.  I meant the circular clip that snaps into the headgear.  Maybe I'll try to post a pic or something to help explain.  I feel like I'm not snapping it in all the way or something but I can't seem to see how it would snap in differentely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mortis 03,

It sounds to me like you are talking about the cushion assembly detaching from the frame. My F20 stays together pretty well but I can see where it might easily be. My Simplus mask which Resmed borrowed that idea from allows the cushion assembly to fall out of the frame very easily. I have to be very careful when handling it or the cushions will fall out.

Are you absolutely sure that you are getting the cushion sub-assembly fully into the frame? It needs to be aligned correctly and may require a fair effort to get it seated completely. Incomplete seating *might* also be the cause of the whistling.

That is a manufacturing defect or an assembly error and if it really bothers you, I would take it back to where you got it and request strongly that they either fix or replace it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, the cushion is easy to separate from the mask fame but in the case of mine, it doesn't just fall out. And,of course, once the mask is in place the tension from the headgear holds it firmly in place. There have been a few times I have not had it aligned properly and it only partially snaps into place.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Makes me feel a little better. I was hoping it wasn't just mine. I'll play with it a little more and see if I can make it stop whistling.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2017, 08:15 AM)Mortis03 Wrote: Makes me feel a little better.  I was hoping it wasn't just mine.  I'll play with it a little more and see if I can make it stop whistling.

I think you may have misunderstood the responses. I don't have the problems you have and I don't believe PaytonA is either. I believe we both said that, although  the cushion assembly is  easily removed from the frame, it doesn't just fall out when we handle our masks if it's fully seated. It doesn't just fall out. When the cushion assembly is fully seated there should be no gap between the cushion assembly and frame at top sides or bottom and it shouldn't wiggle.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mortis03,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy and also with getting your mask problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The cushion does easily separate from the headgear, and in fact I have had it "fall" off if I am handling it a bit briskly. However I have not experienced any leaking or whistling because of that, and the air hose coupling snaps into it. Might want to check that and the little tiny flapper valves inside the coupling to make sure they are freely moving. It is a great mask IMHO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2017, 11:47 AM)robertbuckley Wrote: The cushion does easily separate from the headgear, and in fact I have had it "fall" off if I am handling it a bit briskly.  However I have not experienced any leaking or whistling because of that, and the air hose coupling snaps into it.  Might want to check that and the little tiny flapper valves inside the coupling to make sure they are freely moving.  It is a great mask IMHO.

For the sake of clarity. The cushion attaches to the frame which attaches to the headgear. One can remove the headgear, the cushion, and the elbow from the frame and you are left with just the frame itself.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 30 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,660 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 354 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 476 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.