Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F20 repair
F20 repair
I have developed a split in my Airtouch F20. Does anybody know of a simple fix (glue?) that is non toxic and won't make this area hard?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F20 repair
Unfortunately, the Airtouch F20 has a reputation for that. On my insurance, I'd get a new cushion every month, but I could just see myself gouging it in the middle of the night as I tried to situate it better on my face while half asleep. It could just as easily have ripped on the first night as the 30th.

If you continue to have trouble, you might want to try the silicon cushion instead of the memory foam. All the rest of the getup is the same, Airfit F20 and Airtouch F20.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get a free one tool Actually it does not leak in the area that is split so not a big deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Airfit F20 for her with the silicone. Got the machine in June and am on my third cushion!!! The first one $385, the second $100, the second $75.68. I need to get another one now and was going to try the airtouch but it sounds just as flimsy!!
Post Reply Post Reply
All may F20 air touch touch split so I've gone to the air fit and properly fitted and tightened is very comfortable and does not leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Search for the AirFit20 cushion on Amazon. I found the cushions there at prices ranging from $30.00 to $35.00. Correct me if I'm wrong, it is my understanding the cushions air interchangeable through out the entire AirFit20 and AirTouch20 family, including the for her.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2018, 06:16 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Search for the AirFit20 cushion on Amazon. I found the cushions there at prices ranging from $30.00 to $35.00. Correct me if I'm wrong, it is my understanding the cushions air interchangeable through out the entire AirFit20 and AirTouch20 family, including the for her.

It is my understanding the different sizes are interchangeable too.
Spray foam adhesive seams to be the glue to use for memory foam. If anyone can try this out on their split mask and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just used spray adhesive (Hobby Lobby, similar to 3M) to mend my torn foam. 

Over-killed on the masking, but that's good because you can't clean excess adhesive.

Should have sprayed even lighter and/or waited longer before mating the tear.  Next time I'll coat and let bone dry, then do a 2nd coat light as possible and join. 

Finally, I put powder on my finger and dry coated the joint to cover up any residue from the crack.

I expect this will last a few days until Amazon can get a replacement to me.

OTHO, I haven't gone to bed yet tonight....
Post Reply Post Reply
englishsandra welcome to the forum.

A thought...my vendor is sleep management group and I go to the Burlington store. I just found out that they have a website. Masks are cheaper on the website. They ship out of KW...
Dave
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The fix was good for 2 nights, then the rip was back.

Some of the problem was getting the rip perfectly aligned when put the sides together. 

I thought I did really good, but after using the mask, alignment was obviously slipping. 

Spots were no longer adhered exactly where they should be mated, though they were sticking near by.  Eventually there was not enough adhesion to hold the rip together.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 499 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 580 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,558 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 695 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,278 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim
  Do it yourself REPAIR forum AC Hunter 1 915 09-14-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] Resmed ClimateLine repair? jeffparker 8 887 08-16-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.