Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some help interpreting my data, please?
Some help interpreting my data, please?
I made a few changes to my ResMed Autosense 10 settings based on input I got on this board a week or two ago.  I have turned EPR off.  In addition I changed my pressures from 7-11 to  8-10.  My AHI has improved (generally below 5 and hovering around 2 or 3).  OAs are pretty much under control, but still have CAs.  I still get occasional nighttime/morning headaches and wonder if trying to reduce CAs further might help.  Here is a typical recent night:

https://i.imgur.com/YVhFXdj.png

Any thoughts on changing pressure settings to reduce CAs?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some help interpreting my data, please?
At a glance, your 95% pressure was your max. I'm not an expert but I think you should raise your max to 15/17 see where the machine wants to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think there's much more you can do to get rid of the clear airway events. If you drop the pressure anymore you'll end up with more OA's. Your flat lined on 10cm right now. You could try going to 11cm to see if you can get rid of the hyponea's. If you started picking up CA's than I'd drop it back to 10cm. Actually you may be better off just running straight CPAP instead of Auto.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla, if I ran straight CPAP, what pressure would you recommend?  I had a titration study in Sept. where a steady pressure of 7 resulted in very few (almost no) events.  When my sleep doc changed my machine from APAP 7-13 to a CPAP 7, it was too abrupt/big of a change for me to handle so I've been gradually narrowing the difference between the two pressures. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would allow the machine a bit more freedom with the high pressure.  The machine almost right away heads to 10 and very nearly sits there!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I 'd try 11cm fixed.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I was set at 7-11 I was having higher AHI and more centrals in particular. I wish I understood better how all this works...I will see if I can dig up some charts from when my upper pressure was 11, and before that 13, and before that 16.  It seems like the machine always wants to go to the highest setting and sit there (well maybe not at 16, but at 11, 12 and 13 - and I was having more events then.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your last chart you were stuck at 10cm. You could just change it to 10cm fix and leave it there. Than again you don't have to do anything because the machine going to go to 10cm anyway.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
You may find that the Centrals reduce over time you may not. That’s the problem with centrals consistently inconsistent

I can have an AHI of 1 or an AHI of 40 my worst all on the same machine settings based on a normal 7hrs if sleep. Still waiting in feedback on my last sleep study...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 472 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 583 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.