Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F30 help?
F30 help?
I just received this mask to trial.. and really want to love it.  

Currently use the DreamWear FFM with a small frame and small mask.  Works pretty well, but the one-size fits all headgear is really too big.  All straps are as tight as possible, and to really get a perfect fit... I need to use safety pins. Every. single. Night. I also use a small boomerang pad on the R & L sides of the FFM cushion.  Helps a lot, but still slides around during the night due to the too big head gear.

Even though I'm a nose breather, my presures are too high for a nose mask. They blow my mouth open and wake me up.   Chin straps don't work and tape is a bit too much of an exfoliant on my lips! 

I tried numerous ffm and had settled on the AirSense for Her F20 with a small headgear.  I used boomerang pads to help protect my nose.  Without them, I had open sores.     

The F30 looks perfect. Finally a headgear that actually fits my head perfectly.  The mask is ok too . But I cannot get rid of the airleaks that blow into my eyes.  And I can't figure out how to use pads to fix them.  If I can get these leaks resolved, this will be a keeper. But lost as to how to fix them.  It seems the deppressed nose area get a kink during the night, allowing the the air to leak.  

I'd love to hear if others have been able to resolve these.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F30 help?
I have not had any problems with the f30, it is an excellent mask.  i will say if u get sores under your nose,try nipple cream,that should solve that problem and after awhile you will not need it.  if air is blowing into your eyes and u have adjusted the top straps correctly it might be to big for u, mine sea;ls up nicely, hope that helped
Resmed autoset 10-Care thru VA 
F20 Airtouch-F30 my favorite  My Air and Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
OP,

Did you try both size cushions for the F30?

Have you tried using the mask fit feature on your machine to try to identify the leaks and adjust the mask while wearing the mask?

Is the mask leaking right away, or does it leak at the nose interface at some point during the night?

My F30 can leak and shoot air into my eyes if the hose pulls down on the mask during the night. So, I try to keep the hose positioned above my head if possible to avoid pulling away from the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
My pressures are very similar to yours, actually, a little bit higher (10-15) and I have no issues with the P10 pillow mask.  I have used them at much higher pressures.

A caution with any mask is that users tend to overtighten them.  Any mask can handle any pressure if it fits properly.
To stop the Blowout I simply stopped the CPAP then restarted it, (I no longer need to do that and use the tongue trick to stop the blowout.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2018, 07:28 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: OP,

Did you try both size cushions for the F30?

Have you tried using the mask fit feature on your machine to try to identify the leaks and adjust the mask while wearing the mask?

Is the mask leaking right away, or does it leak at the nose interface at some point during the night?

My F30 can leak and shoot air into my eyes if the hose pulls down on the mask during the night. So, I try to keep the hose positioned above my head if possible to avoid pulling away from the nose.
I'm sure the small mask is the correct size. I do use the machine fit feature and it's fine.  

It's during the night when it seems to leak at the sides of the nose, blowing into my eyes . I will try getting the hose better supported so it doesn't pull on the mask.  It would be wonderful if it could be that simple a fix.  This is the best fitting head gear Ive ever found.  

Thanks for the help!  I'll let you know how it works out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2018, 07:39 PM)bonjour Wrote: My pressures are very similar to yours, actually, a little bit higher (10-15) and I have no issues with the P10 pillow mask.  I have used them at much higher pressures.

A caution with any mask is that users tend to overtighten them.  Any mask can handle any pressure if it fits properly.
To stop the Blowout I simply stopped the CPAP then restarted it, (I no longer need to do that and use the tongue trick to stop the blowout.)

It's not the mask, it's my jaw.  Once Im sound asleep and relaxed, my pressures will hit 13 or 14 and my mouth just opens wide from the pressure.  It works if I tape my mouth shut.. .but that's a bit claustrophobic for me.  That's why both the DreamWear and F30 are options I want to work.   

I wore the Amara View for awhile, but the head gear was really uncomfortable for me.  So I jury-rigged a small ResMed headgear from the Quattro FX for Her.  It worked until the DreamWear offered the FFM.   

An unending journey!
Post Reply Post Reply
I exchanged the regular headgear with a custom made 2 piece cloth on my masks, making custom masks is hard but makig custom straps isnt, its just a matter of sewing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check an make sure that the mask is properly installed into the headgear. The first time I  disassembled the mask to clean I thought it snapped back together correctly. However that night when I went to bed I kept feeling air blowing in my eyes. It drove me crazy. I ended up finding that the mask wasn’t completely snapped in and the air was leaking between the mask and headgear. Another  thing that I have done is over tightened the top strap that goes over the top of the head pulling it up into my nose to tightly which would cause leaks at higher pressures.  Good luck hope you can stop the leaks.
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
What kind of material do you use for the straps?  What works well?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on a similar quest, and am ready to try the F30 because the F20 is killer on my lower head. This gives me hope!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.