Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] F20 AirFit Cushion Lifespan
F20 AirFit Cushion Lifespan
I have been using, up until recently, the original F20 AirFit cushion that was issued 13 months ago. I retired it recently during an overnight hospital stay where I took a new cushion with me. The old cushion still works great, but I decided to retire it. I actually think it seals better now than when new. The only area I can tell where the cushion is wearing down is that it snaps onto the frame looser than new, but it's still functional.

How many months have you in the peanut gallery been able to get from your mask?

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F20 AirFit Cushion Lifespan
(11-10-2018, 09:17 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I have been using, up until recently, the original F20 AirFit cushion that was issued 13 months ago. I retired it recently during an overnight hospital stay where I took a new cushion with me. The old cushion still works great, but I decided to retire it. I actually think it seals better now than when new. The only area I can tell where the cushion is wearing down is that it snaps onto the frame looser than new, but it's still functional.

How many months have you in the peanut gallery been able to get from your mask?

Coffee

I've been using my original F20 mask and cushion for 20 months. The silicone is a little discolored but it seals well and is as comfortable as ever. I don't anticipate retiring it in the near future.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've got two months on mine now and it still looks and feels like new. I was sent a new one about two weeks ago, as well as some filters. 

Both were put in a drawer until needed. Good to know that you got 13 months out of yours, as I was kind of wondering what kind of service life they might have. I can see mine being good to go well into next year sometime.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments. I agree I can get more life out of the old one, but I decided to play it safe and assign it to a backup role after starting usage on that new one. I did notice slight discoloration in the form of the silicone becoming a bit more opaque, but functionally, it's still reliably good to go.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I expect my AirFit F20 cushion to last a lifetime... seeing as it sits in the drawer since I can't get it to stay sealed if I wear it.

;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper and cannot sleep on my back no matter how I try. 

My AirFit F20 mask seals pretty well. I do move around a bit when I sleep and my mask will leak a little, but when it does, I'm now accustomed to adjusting it in my sleep. Or, some stage of my sleep. 

Anyways, it's all I know of, since I'm new to all of this OSA CPAP stuff. If there's something better out there, I suppose I'll find out about it in due time.

I think it's the F30 that has peaked my interest a bit.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2018, 08:11 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I expect my AirFit F20 cushion to last a lifetime... seeing as it sits in the drawer since I can't get it to stay sealed if I wear it.

;-)

That's equal to saying an AHI reports 0 always because they don't run the machine.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 3,009 4 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.