Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FACEBOOK is a joke of a company

sounds like tit for tat... now many people have you banned from here???
(04-25-2016, 07:59 PM)Grayghost4 Wrote: sounds like tit for tat... now many people have you banned from here???

it *is* possible someone with a grudge made up some kind of BS complaint...
I'd check the email you replied to wasn't phishing. Are you sure you are speaking to Facebook support. You still have access to the page. I hate to say it, but it looks like you might be chasing a phishing email down the rabbit hole.

(04-25-2016, 08:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd check the email you replied to wasn't phishing. Are you sure you are speaking to Facebook support. You still have access to the page. I hate to say it, but it looks like you might be chasing a phishing email down the rabbit hole.

I got the impression that it wasn't an email, it was a msg when he attempted to log in.
Facebook Apnea Board is still up for me.
I dumped FB years ago and will never sign up to that POT (piece of trash) site again. No one needs to know what I had for lunch or where I "checked in" to and they sure as hell don't need to know that I like something or not. Okay, so, I have no friends to friend on FB but that's beside the point! Wink

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

It wasn't an email scam - it happened when I tried to log onto Facebook. That's when I got the first message about the account being disabled. That was my personal account - the Apnea Board organizational page is still up as far as I can tell... but I can't log into either of them.

At this point, I really couldn't care less and I'm perfectly willing to let our Facebook page slide into oblivion. Hasn't really helped us as far as getting the word out much as far as I can tell anyway. Vast majority of folks come here via a Google search anyway... (not that I'm a huge Google fan either!). Too-funny Basically, I don't trust any huge company, I guess. Bigwink Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

you also get fairly regular referrals from those other cpap boards that direct people over here for the uniquely valuable service that is provided to the cpap community.
what I have trouble understanding is WHY you would want to be on facebook ... at all ???

It is nothing but adds from doctors and dentist

This is one of the reasons why I like for us to maintain control of our own software packages, server and venues for helping people - when you spend a ton of time and effort to put into a presence that is owned and operated by someone else (ie- facebook) THEY have all the power to do whatever they darn well please, including throwing all your time and efforts out the window on a whim.

That's really the reason why (even if they decide to reinstate the account), I'm personally not going to bother with updating it AT ALL, because they could throw all our efforts away again and give us no recourse.

Stinkin' Nazi-book. Rolleyes
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [News] Facebook "listening in" to your conversations via your cellphone microphone ApneaNews 6 483 06-04-2016, 05:36 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Funny story -- Joke's on me. justMongo 4 969 03-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Employers ask job applicants for their Facebook passwords greatunclebill 0 1,398 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Last Post: greatunclebill