GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

RE: "FACEBOOK": DECLARING WAR AGAINST THEM
(04-25-2016 07:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  All it would take is one person to report the page for something and they close it for just that reason. They don't do much investigating.

If you wanted to follow-up on it, I would continue to ask why despite the statement of it being final.

There are medical groups on there all over the place, discussing all sorts of stuff so I don't think that would be the reason. Adjusting pressure is not illegal in any country.

Is FB necessary for ApneaBoard's success? No. Is it necessary for anyone's success? No. It is too big to use as the sole method of sales or promotion. You have no control over who sees the posts. Some times everyone does, sometimes no one does. It isn't worth it.

There are two different 'insulin pump groups' that I frequent on FB and most times anyone who posts there says something like "I am not a healthcare professional".....but this approach to any particular problem has worked for me. People there come might darn close to giving medical advice. In fact the people that post there know way more about the insulin pump than my Doctor does...sad but true.

I don't understand the technical aspects of running a forum, but I sure am glad for this board. Thanks
04-25-2016 10:00 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

Sex: Male

Supersleeper. FB is wide open. No matter how tightly you think its secured a 10 yr old with a smart phone can hack it. Disable it, or just make you think it has been.
FB itself will be no help.
04-25-2016 10:47 PM
tmo1138 Offline

Members

Machine: Dreamstation Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Swift FX
Humidifier: Dreamstation
CPAP Pressure: 11cmHg
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(04-25-2016 08:36 PM)Carbon Wrote:  Facebook Apnea Board is still up for me.

Same here.. I'm looking right at it.

https://www.facebook.com/ApneaBoard/?fref=ts
04-25-2016 10:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
big_dave Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

Just deactivated my Facebook account. I haven't posted anything to it in years, anyway.

Edit: Permanently deleted it.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2016 11:37 PM by big_dave.)
04-25-2016 11:26 PM
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed airsense 10 autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F & P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 8-12

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(04-25-2016 08:51 PM)AlanE Wrote:  I dumped FB years ago and will never sign up to that POT (piece of trash) site again. No one needs to know what I had for lunch or where I "checked in" to and they sure as hell don't need to know that I like something or not. Okay, so, I have no friends to friend on FB but that's beside the point! Wink

Me too! I dumped them years ago after about 10 minutes of signing up, because I suddenly found facebook somehow linking "into" my email account and I value privacy rights to the utmost. I hope Apnea Board does not hook up with Facebook again, even if it is discovered that the current issue was some kind of phishing or scam. I don't want my information on facebook, or linked to facebook. If it happens, I will be sorry to say "I'm outta here".

In fact, all of us members should have been notified before such a linkage took place, because it is our stories and data that are being shared...not cool!

(04-25-2016 09:03 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  It wasn't an email scam - it happened when I tried to log onto Facebook. That's when I got the first message about the account being disabled. That was my personal account - the Apnea Board organizational page is still up as far as I can tell... but I can't log into either of them.

At this point, I really couldn't care less and I'm perfectly willing to let our Facebook page slide into oblivion. Hasn't really helped us as far as getting the word out much as far as I can tell anyway. Vast majority of folks come here via a Google search anyway... (not that I'm a huge Google fan either!). Too-funny Basically, I don't trust any huge company, I guess. Bigwink SHa_biggrin5

I agree....lesson learned.

Inspired
Bigwink
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 12:05 AM by Inspired.)
04-26-2016 12:03 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
palerider Offline

Preferred Members-

Machine: s9 vpap auto
Mask Make & Model: p10
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 18/13+

Other Comments:

(04-26-2016 12:03 AM)Inspired Wrote:  In fact, all of us members should have been notified before such a linkage took place, because it is our stories and data that are being shared...not cool!

you do get that anybody on the internet can pop over and read here, without even making an account... right?
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 12:13 AM by palerider.)
04-26-2016 12:12 AM
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed airsense 10 autoset
Mask Make & Model: F & P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 8-12

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(04-26-2016 12:12 AM)palerider Wrote:  
(04-26-2016 12:03 AM)Inspired Wrote:  In fact, all of us members should have been notified before such a linkage took place, because it is our stories and data that are being shared...not cool!

you do get that anybody on the internet can pop over and read here, without even making an account... right?

I do, but why invite over one Billion people over here... (yes that's how many are on facebook.....how ready is this site for such a mass of folks?

Inspired
Bigwink
04-26-2016 12:42 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

There are lots of people who have created fake profiles for games (send loot to yourself, do all the crap they want u to beg 5 of your friends for) and those accounts don't ever get messed with unless some sore loser reports them. There are also a fair number of folk who have had their legitimate page shut down because they had a native american name. There was some vigilante group getting transgender folk shut down and a huge outcry. The letter you got was the one they automatically send to anyone who is victimized thusly. However, a fair number of these folk have been able to regain their accts

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
04-26-2016 12:56 AM
palerider Offline

Preferred Members-

Machine: s9 vpap auto
Mask Make & Model: p10
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 18/13+

Other Comments:

(04-26-2016 12:42 AM)Inspired Wrote:  I do, but why invite over one Billion people over here... (yes that's how many are on facebook.....how ready is this site for such a mass of folks?

well, most of them won't even come, and most of the ones that do won't stay more than a few seconds once they see that there's no pictures of cats, or detailed reports of what supersleeper had for lunch today...

the fact is, there's a lot more cpap users that don't know about the 'big three' cpap boards, or that there's *tons* of info on the net, but they might just spot something on farcebook that leads them to get help, like you've gotten, here.

I'm guessing that was the original idea.
04-26-2016 12:58 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
FrankNichols Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed F10 and/or P10
Humidifier: Builtin
CPAP Pressure: 17-19
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: I've figured out how to get my AHI down to 5, I quit sleeping!

(04-26-2016 12:58 AM)palerider Wrote:  well, most of them won't even come, and most of the ones that do won't stay more than a few seconds once they see that there's no pictures of cats, or detailed reports of what supersleeper had for lunch today...

Be very afraid...

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...at+mask%22

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 08:43 AM by FrankNichols.)
04-26-2016 08:42 AM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Surprised [News] Facebook "listening in" to your conversations via your cellphone microphone ApneaNews 6 416 06-04-2016 05:36 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Funny story -- Joke's on me. justMongo 4 886 03-12-2015 02:37 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Employers ask job applicants for their Facebook passwords greatunclebill 0 1,346 03-21-2012 10:16 AM
Last Post: greatunclebill