Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FACEBOOK is a joke of a company
(04-25-2016, 07:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: All it would take is one person to report the page for something and they close it for just that reason. They don't do much investigating.

If you wanted to follow-up on it, I would continue to ask why despite the statement of it being final.

There are medical groups on there all over the place, discussing all sorts of stuff so I don't think that would be the reason. Adjusting pressure is not illegal in any country.

Is FB necessary for ApneaBoard's success? No. Is it necessary for anyone's success? No. It is too big to use as the sole method of sales or promotion. You have no control over who sees the posts. Some times everyone does, sometimes no one does. It isn't worth it.

There are two different 'insulin pump groups' that I frequent on FB and most times anyone who posts there says something like "I am not a healthcare professional".....but this approach to any particular problem has worked for me. People there come might darn close to giving medical advice. In fact the people that post there know way more about the insulin pump than my Doctor does...sad but true.

I don't understand the technical aspects of running a forum, but I sure am glad for this board. Thanks

Supersleeper. FB is wide open. No matter how tightly you think its secured a 10 yr old with a smart phone can hack it. Disable it, or just make you think it has been.
FB itself will be no help.
(04-25-2016, 08:36 PM)Carbon Wrote: Facebook Apnea Board is still up for me.

Same here.. I'm looking right at it.

https://www.facebook.com/ApneaBoard/?fref=ts

Just deactivated my Facebook account. I haven't posted anything to it in years, anyway.

Edit: Permanently deleted it.
(04-25-2016, 08:51 PM)AlanE Wrote: I dumped FB years ago and will never sign up to that POT (piece of trash) site again. No one needs to know what I had for lunch or where I "checked in" to and they sure as hell don't need to know that I like something or not. Okay, so, I have no friends to friend on FB but that's beside the point! Wink

Me too! I dumped them years ago after about 10 minutes of signing up, because I suddenly found facebook somehow linking "into" my email account and I value privacy rights to the utmost. I hope Apnea Board does not hook up with Facebook again, even if it is discovered that the current issue was some kind of phishing or scam. I don't want my information on facebook, or linked to facebook. If it happens, I will be sorry to say "I'm outta here".

In fact, all of us members should have been notified before such a linkage took place, because it is our stories and data that are being shared...not cool!

(04-25-2016, 09:03 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: It wasn't an email scam - it happened when I tried to log onto Facebook. That's when I got the first message about the account being disabled. That was my personal account - the Apnea Board organizational page is still up as far as I can tell... but I can't log into either of them.

At this point, I really couldn't care less and I'm perfectly willing to let our Facebook page slide into oblivion. Hasn't really helped us as far as getting the word out much as far as I can tell anyway. Vast majority of folks come here via a Google search anyway... (not that I'm a huge Google fan either!). Too-funny Basically, I don't trust any huge company, I guess. Bigwink Grin

I agree....lesson learned.
Inspired
Bigwink
(04-26-2016, 12:03 AM)Inspired Wrote: In fact, all of us members should have been notified before such a linkage took place, because it is our stories and data that are being shared...not cool!

you do get that anybody on the internet can pop over and read here, without even making an account... right?

(04-26-2016, 12:12 AM)palerider Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 12:03 AM)Inspired Wrote: In fact, all of us members should have been notified before such a linkage took place, because it is our stories and data that are being shared...not cool!

you do get that anybody on the internet can pop over and read here, without even making an account... right?

I do, but why invite over one Billion people over here... (yes that's how many are on facebook.....how ready is this site for such a mass of folks?
Inspired
Bigwink
There are lots of people who have created fake profiles for games (send loot to yourself, do all the crap they want u to beg 5 of your friends for) and those accounts don't ever get messed with unless some sore loser reports them. There are also a fair number of folk who have had their legitimate page shut down because they had a native american name. There was some vigilante group getting transgender folk shut down and a huge outcry. The letter you got was the one they automatically send to anyone who is victimized thusly. However, a fair number of these folk have been able to regain their accts
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
(04-26-2016, 12:42 AM)Inspired Wrote: I do, but why invite over one Billion people over here... (yes that's how many are on facebook.....how ready is this site for such a mass of folks?

well, most of them won't even come, and most of the ones that do won't stay more than a few seconds once they see that there's no pictures of cats, or detailed reports of what supersleeper had for lunch today...

the fact is, there's a lot more cpap users that don't know about the 'big three' cpap boards, or that there's *tons* of info on the net, but they might just spot something on farcebook that leads them to get help, like you've gotten, here.

I'm guessing that was the original idea.

(04-26-2016, 12:58 AM)palerider Wrote: well, most of them won't even come, and most of the ones that do won't stay more than a few seconds once they see that there's no pictures of cats, or detailed reports of what supersleeper had for lunch today...

Be very afraid...

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...at+mask%22
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [News] Facebook "listening in" to your conversations via your cellphone microphone ApneaNews 6 616 06-04-2016, 05:36 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Funny story -- Joke's on me. justMongo 4 1,092 03-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Employers ask job applicants for their Facebook passwords greatunclebill 0 1,484 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Last Post: greatunclebill