Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FB Strikes Again?
FB Strikes Again?
My daughter received a warning from FB about an inappropriate posting. She was referring to the physical condition of the granddaughter's softball team, after they played 3 full games in 80 degree temperatures: "Done for the day! We are hot and dirty. Girls are STINKY"

FB's response was: "This comment goes against our Community Standards on hate speech". Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: FB Strikes Again?
It must be the new variant of thought police that is spreading all over the internet, social media, and news.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
She can appeal it and get it back on. They are being super careful with language. I've had several blocked. One was about my dog! And I didn't even call her the B word! LOL
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Really is quite absurd.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I don't do social media of that type, or twitter, instagram, snapchat.... I figured out early that I would just be providing an entity with power, that being data about my activities. From there, they would use predictive analyses and attempt to manipulate me and other users to keep us 'involved'. Once they had us hooked, their power would be almost limitless.

Sad to see I was pretty much right on the money.
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2020, 01:58 AM)mesenteria Wrote: I don't do social media of that type, or twitter, instagram, snapchat....  I figured out early that I would just be providing an entity with power, that being data about my activities.  From there, they would use predictive analyses and attempt to manipulate me and other users to keep us 'involved'.  Once they had us hooked, their power would be almost limitless.

Sad to see I was pretty much right on the money.

I feel the same way.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Me too!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Why is it you "tweet" on Twitter and not "twit"?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tweeter and Fakebook are way overrated. I enjoy real life that doesn't need the bolstering that social media pretends to offer. So I'm OK if you say I'm anti-social.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 11:52 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Why is it you "tweet" on Twitter and not "twit"?

I felt the same years ago when I first heard of Twitter.  Except, I called the denizens themselves....well....you know..........................................with an "s".  Cool Any public forum, or private one, where you will contemplate suicide, or just moving, because of what other faceless entities say about you is a place for masochists or slow thinkers.  I couldn't imagine a place for me there...not with my temper and sociopathy.  Too-funny

Seriously, I felt vindicated three years ago when my younger brother, already 62 with two adult daughters, related to me that he had just abandoned facebook.  Finally, huh?  Yeah, he said, I got sick of all the holier-than-thou virtue-signaling rat-race every single day, every thread, every encounter.  I thought it was nice of him to admit that he was baked because my siblings, three of them, were hardened users, and I think they were secretly disappointed I always declined invitations from them to join FB and to stay in touch more.  I find it tough to keep up with all the texting they do between them.
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Meteor strikes Earth! DeepBreathing 8 393 04-25-2020, 02:48 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  The puppy strikes! retired_guy 14 3,407 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Last Post: retired_guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.